Belkin rolls out Headphone Adapter for iPod shuffle 3G | iLounge News

Belkin rolls out Headphone Adapter for iPod shuffle 3G

image

Belkin has introduced its new Headphone Adapter for the third-generation iPod shuffle. Allowing users to listen to music with any set of headphones or earphones they like, the Headphone Adapter is a short black cord with a headphone plug on one end and a female jack on the other, with an in-line control box in between. It lets users adjust volume, skip tracks, toggle between playlists, and hear a song title, using the same commands they would on Apple’s pack-in Earphones with Remote. Belkin’s Headphone Adapter for iPod shuffle 3G is available now in the U.S for $20 and will launch in Europe, Asia, and Australia in mid-August.

« Taito releases Space Invaders Infinity Gene for iPhone, iPod touch

Mix: Spotify, AVG, $1 million app, Toshiba »

Comments

This should have come pre-included with the shuffle, but I’ll take what I can get.

Posted by Dan on July 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM (CDT)

Does it also work with the iPhone to control volume?

Posted by Paul on July 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM (CDT)

I just picked it up and, without using it yet, find myself concerned with the design. The gap in the sides of the control piece are larger than the gap on the control of the headphones, which I thought to be the main issue they had with moisture shorting out original headphones. I am proceeding with caution, though maybe the switch being at the opposite end of the cable will have some beneficial effect.

Posted by Ben on July 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM (CDT)

Still have yet to take it running but yes, Paul, it does work as a volume controller for the iPhone ( 3g s 16g). Buy doing so, it also can serve as a really workable extension for the audio jack if your case is too bulky for a normal aux line (as my switcheasy rebel is). It has far smaller of a diameter than the rocketfish aux extender, weighs half as much and sounds way cleaner. So even if it fails the workout test, it does serve a needed purpose better than other extension products out there.

Posted by Ben McDonald on July 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM (CDT)

Does anyone know if this will work with the iPhone 3GS to skip tracks as well as adj volume?

Posted by Carl on August 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM (CDT)

Can this be used to listen to the ipod shuffle on speakers or in your car?  When I bought the new ipod I assumed I could do this, like I could with all the other ipods i have owned, but since it is controlled with the headphones I can only listen to my music with the headphones.

Posted by Layla on September 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM (CDT)

Hi,
I read the information. I want to know about, Does it also work with the iPhone to control volume? Thanks for giving to me information…

Posted by r4 nintendo ds on September 26, 2009 at 3:00 AM (CDT)

The volume control works for the 3GS and iPod Touch 2G, but not the 3G or 2G iPhones. The ability to change tracks forward,reverse and pause work on all iPhones. My beef is that it doesn’t include a built in mic. I’ve not found any similar adapters that do this.  It would be nice to add an inline mic and controls for the iPod Touch 2G

Posted by cdlenfert on October 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM (CDT)

does anybody know if this adapter compatible with the second gen ipod touch? Will all the said features (like voulume control, change tracks, forward/pause/play track etc) be available? Thanks! hoping for a reply the soonest!

Posted by an ipod touch 2nd gen user on October 13, 2009 at 2:06 AM (CDT)

The back of the volume control device on my headphone adapter got pulled off when I was removing from tape packaging…even though I was trying to be careful. The back was stuck to the tape and pulled off completely , small metal strip fell out ,,,,  is this something I can fix….?

Posted by Jack Howard on April 18, 2010 at 2:38 AM (CDT)