Belkin rolls out new iPod accessories
Belkin today announced several new iPod accessories at the Consumer Electronics Show, including a new AV docking station, AV cable, and silicone case, as well as three products first shown in the iLounge Holiday Buyer’s Guide—the TuneCommand AV, TuneBase FM and TuneFM.
TuneCommand AV for iPod ($80; available in April)
The iPod docking station (shown) allows you to watch and listen to the content on your iPod through your home system, while simultaneously powering and charging the device. It features a wireless RF remote with a range of up to 120 feet, and is compatible with all dockable iPods with the included universal dock inserts. Connection options include RCA left/right, 3.5mm line-out, and S-Video jacks.
TuneBase FM for iPod, TuneBase FM for iPod nano ($80; available this month)
Two new models of the company’s all-in-one car mount, charger and FM transmitter. The devices offer four FM presets and tuning buttons, flexible-steel necks, and utilize the iPod LCD for tuning. The TuneBase FM for iPod comes with interchangeable trays for each dockable model iPod, while the TuneBase FM for iPod nano is specifically designed for the smaller nano.
TuneFM for iPod, TuneFM for iPod nano ($50; available this month)
Two new bottom-mounting versions of Belkin’s FM transmitter. The TuneFM plugs into the dock connector and uses the iPod LCD display to indicate the FM frequency and memory presets. They also feature a mini USB port, and four preset buttons.
AV Cable for iPod ($20; available now)
Belkin’s new 12-foot AV cable connects an iPod to your home entertainment system, allowing you to listen to music, watch videos and view photos. It features aluminum undermold shield, color-coded and chrome-finished connectors and nickel-plated contacts.
Sports Sleeve for iPod nano ($25; available now)
The form-fitting silicone case features a protective screen overlay, an adjustable and detachable armband, and access to all ports and controls. It comes in frost white and black.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Alleged Foxconn leak reveals iPhone 6 dimensions
- Reuters: Backlight redesign disrupted iPhone 6 production
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today