Belkin rolls out new iPod accessories
Belkin today announced several new iPod accessories at the Consumer Electronics Show, including a new AV docking station, AV cable, and silicone case, as well as three products first shown in the iLounge Holiday Buyer’s Guide—the TuneCommand AV, TuneBase FM and TuneFM.
TuneCommand AV for iPod ($80; available in April)
The iPod docking station (shown) allows you to watch and listen to the content on your iPod through your home system, while simultaneously powering and charging the device. It features a wireless RF remote with a range of up to 120 feet, and is compatible with all dockable iPods with the included universal dock inserts. Connection options include RCA left/right, 3.5mm line-out, and S-Video jacks.
TuneBase FM for iPod, TuneBase FM for iPod nano ($80; available this month)
Two new models of the company’s all-in-one car mount, charger and FM transmitter. The devices offer four FM presets and tuning buttons, flexible-steel necks, and utilize the iPod LCD for tuning. The TuneBase FM for iPod comes with interchangeable trays for each dockable model iPod, while the TuneBase FM for iPod nano is specifically designed for the smaller nano.
TuneFM for iPod, TuneFM for iPod nano ($50; available this month)
Two new bottom-mounting versions of Belkin’s FM transmitter. The TuneFM plugs into the dock connector and uses the iPod LCD display to indicate the FM frequency and memory presets. They also feature a mini USB port, and four preset buttons.
AV Cable for iPod ($20; available now)
Belkin’s new 12-foot AV cable connects an iPod to your home entertainment system, allowing you to listen to music, watch videos and view photos. It features aluminum undermold shield, color-coded and chrome-finished connectors and nickel-plated contacts.
Sports Sleeve for iPod nano ($25; available now)
The form-fitting silicone case features a protective screen overlay, an adjustable and detachable armband, and access to all ports and controls. It comes in frost white and black.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?