Belkin rolls out new iPod accessories
Published: Thursday, January 5, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories
Belkin today announced several new iPod accessories at the Consumer Electronics Show, including a new AV docking station, AV cable, and silicone case, as well as three products first shown in the iLounge Holiday Buyer’s Guide—the TuneCommand AV, TuneBase FM and TuneFM.
TuneCommand AV for iPod ($80; available in April)
The iPod docking station (shown) allows you to watch and listen to the content on your iPod through your home system, while simultaneously powering and charging the device. It features a wireless RF remote with a range of up to 120 feet, and is compatible with all dockable iPods with the included universal dock inserts. Connection options include RCA left/right, 3.5mm line-out, and S-Video jacks.
TuneBase FM for iPod, TuneBase FM for iPod nano ($80; available this month)
Two new models of the company’s all-in-one car mount, charger and FM transmitter. The devices offer four FM presets and tuning buttons, flexible-steel necks, and utilize the iPod LCD for tuning. The TuneBase FM for iPod comes with interchangeable trays for each dockable model iPod, while the TuneBase FM for iPod nano is specifically designed for the smaller nano.
TuneFM for iPod, TuneFM for iPod nano ($50; available this month)
Two new bottom-mounting versions of Belkin’s FM transmitter. The TuneFM plugs into the dock connector and uses the iPod LCD display to indicate the FM frequency and memory presets. They also feature a mini USB port, and four preset buttons.
AV Cable for iPod ($20; available now)
Belkin’s new 12-foot AV cable connects an iPod to your home entertainment system, allowing you to listen to music, watch videos and view photos. It features aluminum undermold shield, color-coded and chrome-finished connectors and nickel-plated contacts.
Sports Sleeve for iPod nano ($25; available now)
The form-fitting silicone case features a protective screen overlay, an adjustable and detachable armband, and access to all ports and controls. It comes in frost white and black.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone