Belkin TuneDok Car Holder for iPod | iLounge News

Belkin TuneDok Car Holder for iPod

pic Belkin has posted information about a new car holder called the TuneDok. This is the same iPod holder as being sold in the VW iPod connectivity kit for the ‘Pods Unite’ promotion. The TuneDok features ‘AirGrip’ technology (suction cup) for secure placement, a large and small rubber base plus adapter cup for exact fit in a cup holder, cable management system, and comes with a 3 year warranty. The TuneDok fits all iPod models and retails for $29.99, but is not yet available. Update: The TuneDoc is expected to ship September 15.

« Vaja Announces Classic iPod Case for 3G iPod

New iTrip for 3G iPods Delayed »

Comments

Won’t the suction cup leave a ring on the back of the iPod?

Posted by riffola on July 23, 2003 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

There are tons of PDA/Cellphone holders that already exist that do the job better than this will.

It looks horrible.

Posted by Unixmonkey on July 23, 2003 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

What we need is a cradle that can be dash mounted and allows the new iPods to get their power and feed their audio out via the cradle. One version needs an aux out for car stereos that have and aux. in and another version that transmits FM.

I want to be able to get in the car, cradle the iPod and go!
While they are at it, make a boom box with a cradel too!

Posted by iTodd on July 23, 2003 at 9:54 AM (PDT)

Innovative AirGrip technology?!  And they’ve trademarked the term?  The product might be cool but this is just ridiculous.  Also “TuneDok” is horrible—who develops this stuff, 8 year-olds?

BTW, I’m currently using innovative ButtonSlot technology to hold my shirt on, as well as innovative ZipLatch technology on my pants (trademarks pending)

Posted by peter on July 23, 2003 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

if you clik on the link and got to the site it displays everyhting twice what where they thinkin

Posted by Phill in Texas on July 23, 2003 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

Is it just me, or is all the Belkin iPod stuff WAY overpriced?

Posted by Dave on July 23, 2003 at 11:21 AM (PDT)

Overpriced, but I kind of like it.  I’m just waiting on Blitzsafe to come out with their converter that will work with my steering wheel controls.  FM transmitters suck.

Posted by ESS on July 23, 2003 at 2:20 PM (PDT)

don’t you mean “noise positional transferrers” suck?
:D

Posted by Nathan Adams on July 23, 2003 at 7:09 PM (PDT)

I’m with Dave.  Belkin is gouging iPoders.  Thirty dollars for this?  And, what about the $60 Belkin charges for their battery pack - ouch!  Maybe the mass market will bite, but not me.

Posted by Obadiah on July 24, 2003 at 5:01 AM (PDT)

Actually, when did Belkin NOT gouge on almost every one of their products? As I recall, all of their products, no matter how simple they are, were all terribly overpriced. Their parallel and USB cables, for example, are over $20 usual retail, and their old data switches were well over $50, while the you could have gotten a generic one for less than $20.

Its not just iPodders that Belkin is “gouging”. Its everyone that has anything to do with computers. Eveything they sell is just horribly overpriced, but the quality is good. I don’t remember any Belkin brand cord that stopped working after even heavy use.

Posted by Sraphim on July 24, 2003 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

i’m going to lay out some $1 and $5 bills, $30 worth, to make a nice like feather bed to put my iPod in. For Belkin to charge $30 is ridiculous. At best $9.99

Posted by Bogeyman on July 24, 2003 at 10:37 PM (PDT)

I think this stand is great and can’t wait to order one myself, yes there are cell holders that work in the same manner but they are butt ugly and come in either gray or black, the white compliments the iPod much better. I already place my iPod in my cupholder so it will be nice to have it secure there. $30 is not that expensive, you already spend several hundred on your iPod so why not get the best in accessories? I don’t mind paying more for Belkin because Belkin is quality.

Posted by glinglin on August 3, 2003 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

The Belkin Tunedok is deliciously innovative

Posted by James on August 22, 2003 at 12:39 PM (PDT)

This is pretty neat, kind of like a flower pod with an iPod growing out of it. I want one!! Hopefully, Belkin will make it avaiable soon. Note how they don’t advertise the heck out of it, take preorders, and then wait for months to ship it…?

Posted by Bademeister on September 2, 2003 at 9:31 PM (PDT)