Belkin TuneTalk Stereo shipping this month | iLounge News

Belkin TuneTalk Stereo shipping this month

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, June 1, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Belkin today announced that its new TuneTalk Stereo will be available in North America in mid-June, with launches in Asia, Europe, and Australia to follow closely. The $70 device, first shown at Macworld Expo in January, lets you record audio in CD-quality stereo sound. It features two high-quality omnidirectional microphones, an auxiliary 3.5mm stereo-input for an external microphone, and comes with a positionable stand. The TuneTalk Stereo also has an adjustable gain control switch, an extended dock connector spacer for using the device with a protective case, and is available in both black and white colors.

« Website uses iPod as ‘modern message in a bottle’

Speck Products Gear Giveaway - Winners Announced »

Comments

Belkin has been threatening to release this product for some time.  We’ll see if it really does comes out in mid June as they are claiming.

Odd that they announced it on iLounge only moments after Xtreme Mac announced their MicroMemo today.

The Belkin website does not show this product.

Hmmmm?

Posted by John Norton on June 1, 2006 at 11:07 AM (PDT)

Is it really that thin?  Is that a mock up?  Why isn’t it mentioned in your book iLounge?  Methinks that John may be right.

I’d like to see a grudge-match type review between this and Griffin’s new iTalk.  Griffin won the first one.

The other one out [MicroMemo?] with the antenna type mic looks weird.

Posted by Gordy on June 1, 2006 at 11:15 AM (PDT)

Griffin is another vapor-gear promoter. Their recording device for the G5 iPod is also not available to my knowledge.

Now that Gordy mentions it, Xtreme’s MicroMemo announcement has dissappeared from the iLounge site rather quickly too.

Perhaps we’re seeing a game of chicken between these companies to see how much demand there is before they
manufacture these products?

Posted by John Norton on June 1, 2006 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

yea, extreme mac has said that going for $59.95 but coming ‘this summer’

Posted by dorian on June 1, 2006 at 1:16 PM (PDT)

I’m also getting tired of these companies announcing products then never coming out with them.  Griffin’s been touting the Tunecenter for months and we’re still waiting.

Posted by bonetoe on June 1, 2006 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

If I wanted a fly’s head attached to the bottom of my iPod I would just get one using my fly swatter. Would be a lot cheaper than buying this.

Posted by Helmach on June 2, 2006 at 7:41 AM (PDT)

44.1?  16 bit?  give me some freaking info here.  if it’s stereo line in, 44.1 and 16 bit I will buy one the moment it comes out.

Posted by dave ahl on June 2, 2006 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

This is on the belkin site - http://www.belkin.com -> click on “Press room”  It is (currently ) the third press release down, and includes a link to a hi-res photo of a white tunetalk in record mode.

Posted by Adam on June 2, 2006 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

What about pass-thru charging? That’s a must. I want something I can use to record my band practices, which can go as long as 6 hours at a time. I’ve been waiting for a halfway decent, truly portable mic for my Pod for what seems like forever! At this rate I might as well just go out and buy an iKey already.

Posted by arby on June 2, 2006 at 10:43 PM (PDT)

Thats exactly the reason I’m getting it too, and I agree that a 3 hour battery life would suck if a practice is 6-7 hours.

Posted by ace on June 3, 2006 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

I’ve called belkin europe and they said the tune talk will come out in november!!! perhaps perhaps perhaps

We are waiting for that thing since a half year.

*gopferdaminomol* <—bad suisse german word

Posted by attila on June 7, 2006 at 3:22 AM (PDT)

Posted by Finished.Law.School on June 22, 2006 at 11:29 PM (PDT)