Belkin WeMo home automation modules now available
Belkin has announced that its WeMo home automation modules for iOS are now available. Originally debuted at the 2012 CES, the WeMo modules are WiFi-based products that sit between a wall outlet and another product—such as a lamp—allowing users to control the flow of power from their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The WeMo Switch allows for both this functionality and the ability to put devices on a timed schedule, while the WeMo Switch + Motion adds a motion sensor to the package so that the attached device can be turned on or off based on motion, letting users create rules or schedules based on custom motion intervals.
The WeMo platform also features integration with IFTTT (If This Then That), an online service that lets users create tasks combining different Internet-based services. This integration would, for example, allow a WeMo Switch + Motion user to use IFTTT to send themselves a text message anytime motion is sensed by the unit. Belkin’s WeMo Switch and WeMo Switch + Motion are available for pre-order now and sell for $50 and $100, respectively.
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?