Best Buy, Radio Shack to offer iPhone 4 at launch | iLounge News

Best Buy, Radio Shack to offer iPhone 4 at launch

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, June 9, 2010
News Categories: iPhone

Both Best Buy and Radio Shack will offer the iPhone 4 on launch day, according to a new report and a series of Twitter updates, respectively. Citing a trusted unnamed source, Engadget reports that Best Buy will be offering the next-generation iPhone at launch, and that stores will apparently have no less than 45 units on hand—30 for the higher-capacity 32GB model and 15 of the 16GB units. Additionally, Radio Shack has confirmed via its Twitter account that it will be offering the iPhone 4 at launch, and will begin taking pre-orders with a $50 deposit on June 15, the same day as Apple. Interestingly, the company will also be accepting trade-ins for the iPhone 4, offering as much as $100 credit for iPhone 3G units and $200 for iPhone 3GS units; more information can be found on the company’s trade-in program website. Apple will launch the iPhone 4 in the U.S., France, Germany, the U.K., and Japan on June 24.

« AT&T exposes emails, SIM IDs of 114,000 iPad 3G users

Marware, Belkin announce new cases for iPhone 4 »

Comments

Wow! A chance to get the iPhone 4 AND trade in my old 3G for $100 off? Radio Shack, HERE I COME! And, there’s one right up the street from me! What an awesome deal!

Posted by Michael on June 9, 2010 at 6:32 PM (PDT)

Thank you very much, Radio Shack! Now I’ll be able to trade in my 3GS for around $184. If it weren’t for these guys, I would have had to wait until January to purchase iPhone 4. Most amazing offer ever!

Posted by Luis Velázquez in Puerto Rico on June 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

Actually, 3GSs can be worht as much as $329. But it takes 2-4 weeks to process to get a gift card, so if you want an iPhone 4 immediately via direct trade-in, you would have to wait.

Posted by Dale on June 10, 2010 at 5:51 AM (PDT)

If you purchase at bestbuy are you still able to get the $199/$299 price with the ATT agreement or are you buying without the committment.  How does it work if you are upgrading from a 3g or some other phone if you are already with ATT.

Posted by Mike on June 10, 2010 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

Who knew my 8GB 3G was worth $123?! I’m wondering the same thing Mike, if I but a iPhone4 am I signing another contract or will my contract remain the same? I’m not due for an upgrade until 2011.

Posted by Liz- on June 10, 2010 at 6:56 AM (PDT)

I just sold my iphone 3g 16gb on craigslist for $250, which I think is great if you want to go through the effort of meeting up with someone, its work it!

Posted by linlin on June 10, 2010 at 7:44 AM (PDT)

Unlock your phone and eBay it folks. You can get $400+.

Posted by OGHowie on June 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

@Dale; I called my local Radio Shack and I don’t really have to wait for a gift card. I will be able to put down $50 on June 15th and get the $184 credit for my 3GS June 24th.

Posted by franscene on June 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

I hadn’t planned on upgrading, but if Radio Shack will give me $200 - 250 for my banged up 32GB 3GS, it’s a no-brainer!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on June 10, 2010 at 3:01 PM (PDT)

I sold my 3GS to Radio Shack yesterday for $184, they gave me the gift card right away. I did it yesterday because i was afraid the buyback price would go down since the 3GS has dropped down to $99 brand new.
Will pre-order on the 15th, the store manager called me today and took my name and re-assured me that i will get an iPhone 4 on release day as long as i pre-order. I just need to get through these 2 weeks with my old razor v3, ugh! Hurry 24th!

Posted by Brett on June 10, 2010 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

do radio shack store do trade ins? does not require to fill in info online?

Posted by katmac on June 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM (PDT)