Best of Show 2008 Awards eligibility details
Next month, separate trade shows in Las Vegas (CES) and San Francisco (Macworld Expo) will serve as the unveiling grounds for the latest and greatest iPod and iPhone accessories, software, and services. As always, iLounge will be covering the announcements as they happen, and issuing our annual Best of Show Awards to the cream of the crop.
In order to help additional companies participate in our awards, we are publishing our eligibility guidelines—previously e-mailed to vendors on our subscription list—at the Additional Details and Comments link below. Our submission deadline is December 28, 2007, and our bright line rule is that “only newly announced products that are being demonstrated in working form at a booth at the 2008 CES and/or 2008 Macworld Expo are eligible for consideration. Products announced or released prior to CES are not eligible.” Read on for further details.
If you are a vendor and would like to be added to our mailing list, please send an email to this address and we’ll add you today. Thanks!
CES and Macworld Expo are coming, and we’re excited to help you qualify for our acclaimed 2008 Best of Show awards! Like last year, we will issue 20 or fewer Best of Show awards, but this year, we will also issue Runner Up awards, as well. Here are our guidelines for consideration:
(a) We will issue awards early on January 16th, 2008, one day after the opening of Macworld Expo, and six days after CES in Las Vegas.
(b) Only newly announced products that are being demonstrated in working form at a booth at the 2008 CES and/or 2008 Macworld Expo are eligible for consideration. Products announced or released prior to CES are not eligible.
(c) To guarantee consideration of your products, we must receive by December 28, 2007 either the product itself, or a complete disclosure of its final name, final pricing, final feature set, and several representative photographs/screenshots. In fairness, we will give greater consideration to products received, whether in prototype or final form, versus those disclosed in text and image forms. We will gladly keep the details of your products confidential prior to announcement, and products disclosed confidentially to us will of course remain eligible for awards.
(d) Due to time and other constraints, though we will do our best to consider all iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and iTunes products shown at CES and Macworld Expo for Best of Show awards, only products received before our December 28, 2007 deadline will be guaranteed consideration. We have attempted to provide a fair submission process and as much time as possible prior to the shows to enable your products to qualify.
Please contact us at this link if you have any questions not answered above.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?