Best of Show 2008 Awards eligibility details
Next month, separate trade shows in Las Vegas (CES) and San Francisco (Macworld Expo) will serve as the unveiling grounds for the latest and greatest iPod and iPhone accessories, software, and services. As always, iLounge will be covering the announcements as they happen, and issuing our annual Best of Show Awards to the cream of the crop.
In order to help additional companies participate in our awards, we are publishing our eligibility guidelines—previously e-mailed to vendors on our subscription list—at the Additional Details and Comments link below. Our submission deadline is December 28, 2007, and our bright line rule is that “only newly announced products that are being demonstrated in working form at a booth at the 2008 CES and/or 2008 Macworld Expo are eligible for consideration. Products announced or released prior to CES are not eligible.” Read on for further details.
If you are a vendor and would like to be added to our mailing list, please send an email to this address and we’ll add you today. Thanks!
CES and Macworld Expo are coming, and we’re excited to help you qualify for our acclaimed 2008 Best of Show awards! Like last year, we will issue 20 or fewer Best of Show awards, but this year, we will also issue Runner Up awards, as well. Here are our guidelines for consideration:
(a) We will issue awards early on January 16th, 2008, one day after the opening of Macworld Expo, and six days after CES in Las Vegas.
(b) Only newly announced products that are being demonstrated in working form at a booth at the 2008 CES and/or 2008 Macworld Expo are eligible for consideration. Products announced or released prior to CES are not eligible.
(c) To guarantee consideration of your products, we must receive by December 28, 2007 either the product itself, or a complete disclosure of its final name, final pricing, final feature set, and several representative photographs/screenshots. In fairness, we will give greater consideration to products received, whether in prototype or final form, versus those disclosed in text and image forms. We will gladly keep the details of your products confidential prior to announcement, and products disclosed confidentially to us will of course remain eligible for awards.
(d) Due to time and other constraints, though we will do our best to consider all iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and iTunes products shown at CES and Macworld Expo for Best of Show awards, only products received before our December 28, 2007 deadline will be guaranteed consideration. We have attempted to provide a fair submission process and as much time as possible prior to the shows to enable your products to qualify.
Please contact us at this link if you have any questions not answered above.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Judge throws out ‘Error 53’ lawsuit against Apple
- Chinese company in iPhone patent fight is all but defunct
- Apple adds nine more apps to universal search in Apple TV
- WSJ: iPhone to see modest changes this year, eliminate headphone jack
- China tightening restrictions on mobile games starting next month
- Supreme Court patent ruling bodes well for future Apple cases
- Apple to pay $400M to consumers over e-book price fixing case
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
- Twelve South BookBook for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Spigen Rugged Armor, Style Armor + Wallet S for iPhone SE
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app