Bicycle handle bar mount for iPod nano available | iLounge News

Bicycle handle bar mount for iPod nano available

imageRisse Racing has introduced a new bicycle handle bar mounting kit for the iPod nano. The Mork Mount is crafted from CNC machined aluminum and comes in anodized black, gold or red, and in powder coated black, white, red or yellow. It mounts to standard 7/8” handle bars and “also fits most lawnmower handles, shopping cart handles, exercise bikes.” The Mork Mount sells for $40.

« Mix: NBC sales, Podcast searches, The Munsters, Steve Jobs

Disney shorts added to iTunes Music Store »

Comments

Is thi ssuch a good idea?

You need to hear whne you cycle!

Posted by Chimpira on January 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

This is so practicle that it should shame the others that haven’t though of this yet!
I would consider it if it wasn’t 40 $

Posted by Jonathan Keim on January 25, 2006 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

I always play my shuffle when on my bike. Illegal? probably. But, i would prefer to have the iPod strapped to me or hanging from my neck, and not worry about the headphone wires getting tangled in something. plus, if i have to fall over on the bike, i wouldn’t want to be connected to the handlebars via headphones and have them snap violently out of my ears.

Posted by matt on January 25, 2006 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Illegal if you have both ears covered with headphones.  I’m surprised they released this product.

Posted by mpeng on January 25, 2006 at 8:21 AM (PDT)

it may be illegal (i don’t think it is here) but about 80 percent of the bikers I know listen to headphones when they bike. Don’t be so darn law abiding.

Posted by dave on January 25, 2006 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

It just needs a set of built-in speakers.  Legal and safety issues solved and you’ve still got your tunes!

Posted by Cool Cat on January 25, 2006 at 8:42 AM (PDT)

Which brings to mind that we need a magnetic coupling for the headphones (like the new Mac Books) so that an inevitable fall on a mountain bike doesn’t tear out the plug.

Posted by tmay on January 25, 2006 at 9:11 AM (PDT)

Please dont ride your bike with headphones. It makes you dangerous to yourself and everyone else on the road. As far as i know it is legal to use one headphone because (at least in florida) it is legal to use a hands free cell phone device. This needs a set of speakers. Then I would buy it.

Posted by Mike on January 25, 2006 at 11:17 AM (PDT)

Yep, its dangerous if you use both headphones while cycling and people shouldn’t do it! Correct me if I’m wrong but its illegal in UK right?

Posted by evoGage on January 25, 2006 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

It’s not necessarily illegal when doing this off public right-of-ways. It’s not smart, but you can certainly do this when trail or back-country riding, just as you could use an iPod while skiing.

Posted by flatline response on January 25, 2006 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

Please relax everyone, the photo clearly shows someone mountain biking. Riding on the street with headphones is stupid but mountain biking with headphones is not usually that bad. Now if you want to listen to music while riding on the street, I suggest a pod party (mini speakers) connected to your ipod.

Posted by gary on January 26, 2006 at 6:37 AM (PDT)

Beat me to it. I might get this for when i mountain bike. 40 is steep though.

Posted by Piecemakr on January 28, 2006 at 7:47 PM (PDT)

I’m looking for a XM/Sirius or iPod mount that mounts under the TopTube bar behind the HeadTube bar (i.e. Handbar tube).
Connects to a bluetooth headset, that can be mounted in my bike helmet.

My snow ski helmet is a Giro with speakers built in, so I can listen to my ipod or satradio while snow skiing, but still get to hear the surrounding noise.

I’m looking for the same in a bike and helmet.

Posted by aggiesal on March 26, 2008 at 11:51 AM (PDT)