Bidding open for custom ‘Style & Sound’ iPod cases
Several one-of-a-kind iPod cases are now up for auction as part of the Style & Sound fundraising initiative for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC). The cases were created by well-known fashion designers and contain a 40GB iPod courtesy of Apple and a personal playlist created by each designer’s celebrity partner.
Designers include Marc Ecko, BCBG Max Azria, Carolina Herrera, Donna Karan, Sean Combs, and Luca Orlandi. Some of the celebrities involved are Renee Zellweger, Katie Holmes, Brittany Murphy, Mischa Barton, Hype Williams, Brooke Shields, Cyndi Lauper, and Jessica Alba.
The cases are fashioned from various materials, such as leather, bejeweled, snakeskin, metal, and nylon.
There’s even a Do-It-Yourself knitting kit and an “old school” boom box that features a custom “pop-n-play” iPod slot. It’s a modified LASONiC TRC-931 that features a working AM/FM tuner and cassette deck.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?