Big New Giveaway: Help Promote iLounge!
Published: Thursday, May 20, 2004
Site News Categories:
This contest is now closed. Judging will take place and winners will be announced tomorrow, Tuesday, June 22nd at 3pm PT / 6pm ET.
Check out the latest entries! The top entry so far is a TV commercial presented to an estimated 10,000 viewers.
Originally, we had planned a subdued giveaway for this month, but after seeing the amazing results from last month’s iLounge photo contest, we wanted to give our users another chance to express their abilities… this time, with FIVE winners.
This month’s theme is simple, but requires creativity: Publicize iLounge. Impressively. Legally. And effectively.
*THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS WORLD-WIDE!* See special rules below.
You have a month, and the countdown starts today. On June 21st, our judges will pick five winners who have (in our sole discretion) done the best job of positively publicizing the iLounge.com web site without breaking any of the rules below.
Except as limited below, you may use any medium or combination of mediums to positively publicize the site, including (but not limited to) photographs, artwork, posters, radio, television, movies, and online communication. You can do something small or something big, but the goal is the same: spread the word, and give us proof.
Remember, this is a publicity campaign, so posting a picture in the iLounge forums, for example, wouldn’t qualify. You need to spread the word about iLounge to people who could benefit from the site but probably haven’t seen it yet. That could be people at your high school or university, people at your store, people who watch your TV show, or whomever you think you can reach. We expect that the top prize winners will have effectively, creatively, and positively spread the word about iLounge.
- Upload photograph(s) to the “Help Promote iLounge” gallery.
- Remember to include an email address with each picture in the “Picture Description” field. We will delete the email(s) as the pictures are published.
- Please download and print the iLounge logo for use in your videos, picture(s), and artwork. Do not manipulate the logo in any way.
Grand Prize: One set of Future Sonics Ears™ (model EM3) professional personal monitors and one set of our new SofterWear™ custom fit sleeves for the Ears™ INCLUDING ear impressions from an audiologist, plus (for U.S. entrants only) a $250 iTunes Gift Certificate*.
Second Prize: One set of Future Sonics Ears™ (model EM3) professional personal monitors plus (for U.S. entrants only) a $200 iTunes Gift Certificate*.
Three honorable mentions: (U.S. Entrants only) $50 iTunes Gift Certificates* each.
Best of luck to you, and we look forward to seeing (or hearing) your entries! Have fun!
The Official Rules
- Your publicity campaign must be legal and in good taste.
- Your publicity efforts must include the name “iLounge.com” at least once, and may include the iLounge logo. However, your efforts must not infringe other companies’ trademarks, copyrights or intellectual property rights.
- You may use any of the following slogans in your campaign, or create one of your own: “All things iPod.” “Essential iPod updates, seven days a week.” “The world’s top iPod website.”
- You expressly agree that you are not acting as an employee, agent, or independent contractor for iLounge.
- You must take full financial responsibility for your publicity campaign, and must not require financial expenditures from iLounge, its editors, or moderators.
- E-mail (spam) publicity and any other illegal or potentially illegal publicity is expressly banned, strongly discouraged, and disqualified. We will cooperate with authorities in the event of any illegal act, so please use good judgment.
- Each contest submission must include acceptable proof of the publicity, and each entrant’s submissions will be considered collectively as one submission. Proof of visual publicity must include (a) photograph(s) or video of the visual materials, and proof of audio publicity must include audio recordings of the audio materials. iLounge moderators and editors are disqualified from competition.
- You can’t require the participation of an iLounge moderator or editor in your promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The giveaway will begin as of this posting. This giveaway will expire on June 20, 2004 at 11:59 pm PT.
- Submit materials as many times as you like. Provide email address when uploading your picture. An invalid email address voids entry. All materials will be considered collectively.
- * = U.S. based winners will receive iTunes gift certificates as provided above. Because of iTunes service limitations, any winning entrant from outside of the United States must choose a U.S.-based recipient for his/her iTunes gift certificate, accept a certificate of approximately equal value from Amazon.com, or forfeit the gift certificate. No cash prizes will be awarded as alternatives to the prizes above.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- Private information and contest materials submitted by individuals becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver prize to winner.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced at iLounge.com.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge or Future Sonic are not eligible.
- Any taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, or the systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts