Black Friday deals for iPad Air, Retina mini
A number of retailers will be featuring deals on Apple’s iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display on Black Friday, and MacRumors has rounded up a number of the best discounts. Target seems to be the best bet for both the Air and the Retina mini, notably offering a $100 Target gift card with the purchase of an already discounted $479 16GB iPad Air. Target is actually offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of any full-sized iPad, and a $75 gift card with the purchase of any iPad mini. Though the retailer has been very light on iPad supplies since its trade-in deal several weeks ago, it will reportedly have “small quantities” of the Retina iPad mini in stock. Best Buy ($450) and Staples ($449) are each offering $50 off the 16GB iPad Air, and it’s noted that Best Buy’s sale starts at 6 p.m. Thursday.
In a second report, 9to5Mac reports that Apple will most likely be offering gift cards rather than Black Friday discounts on its products—a switch from prior Black Friday promotions it has done in the past. Apple commonly has offered small discounts on a variety of readily-available first- and third-party products for one day after Thanksgiving, but this year appears to be prepared to offer cards of around $100 with the purchase of some Macs, and $50 for some iPads, with $25 to $50 cards for certain accessories. The cards will apparently need to be used separately from the Black Friday device purchases.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Apple extends two-step verification to FaceTime, iMessage
- Apple raises size limit for Apps to 4GB
- iPhone theft decline attributed to Activation Lock feature
- iOS 8.4 already in development?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?