Black Friday deals for iPad Air, Retina mini
A number of retailers will be featuring deals on Apple’s iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display on Black Friday, and MacRumors has rounded up a number of the best discounts. Target seems to be the best bet for both the Air and the Retina mini, notably offering a $100 Target gift card with the purchase of an already discounted $479 16GB iPad Air. Target is actually offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of any full-sized iPad, and a $75 gift card with the purchase of any iPad mini. Though the retailer has been very light on iPad supplies since its trade-in deal several weeks ago, it will reportedly have “small quantities” of the Retina iPad mini in stock. Best Buy ($450) and Staples ($449) are each offering $50 off the 16GB iPad Air, and it’s noted that Best Buy’s sale starts at 6 p.m. Thursday.
In a second report, 9to5Mac reports that Apple will most likely be offering gift cards rather than Black Friday discounts on its products—a switch from prior Black Friday promotions it has done in the past. Apple commonly has offered small discounts on a variety of readily-available first- and third-party products for one day after Thanksgiving, but this year appears to be prepared to offer cards of around $100 with the purchase of some Macs, and $50 for some iPads, with $25 to $50 cards for certain accessories. The cards will apparently need to be used separately from the Black Friday device purchases.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Report: CIA researchers trying to break iPhone, iPad security
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?