Black Friday deals on the App Store
Several iOS developers are offering Black Friday specials today on the App Store, with discounts of up to 80% off normal prices and popular games and apps selling today for as low as $1.
In the GPS and navigation category, ALK Technologies is offering three of its CoPilot Live apps at approximately 50% off the normal prices. CoPilot Live USA is available for $3, CoPilot Live North America at $10, and CoPilot Live HD North America, for the iPad, at $20.
Navigon is also offering 50% off on its USA and MyRegion GPS navigation apps, with MobileNavigator USA priced at $30 today, and MobileNavigator MyRegion East, MyRegion West and MyRegion Central at $20 each.
Vito Technology, creators of the popular Star Walk stargazing guide has marked all of their apps down to a dollar for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Apps on sale for $1 include Star Walk for iPhone, Star Walk for iPad, Solar Walk, Geo Walk for iPad and Family Doctor. The company is also offering its Geo Walk for iPhone for free during the sale. All of the apps can be found on Vito Technology’s App Store page.
Readdle has marked down its apps by 80%, including its popular Readdle Docs document viewing app which is selling for $1 (iPhone) and $2 (iPad). Readdle’s other apps have been similarly marked down, including PDF Expert ($2), Calendars ($2), Scanner Pro ($1), Printer Pro ($2). These apps can be found on Readdle’s App Store Page. Readdle’s sale runs until November 30th, 12:00 PM PDT.
On the gaming front, Namco Networks has slashed prices on almost all of its titles down to $1. Games on sale include all of the PAC-MAN titles, Pole Position Remix, Pool Pro Online, Star Trigon and more. Other Namco games are also on sale including Ace Combat Xi, I Love Katarmari and Ridge Racer Accelerated at $3 each and Time Crisis 2nd Strike at $5. The games can all be found on the Namco Networks App Store page.
Gameloft has marked down several of its popular iPhone and iPad titles to $1 today, including Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 2 for iPad, Hero of Sparta II and Hero of Sparta II HD, Asphalt 5, Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front and Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front HD, UNO, The Settlers and The Settlers HD, NFL 2011, Let’s Golf 2 and Let’s Golf 2 HD, Shrek Kart and Shrek Kart HD, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Conviction HD and Shrek Forever After: The Game HD. The sale runs until Sunday, November 28th.
Electronic Arts has slashed prices on many of its popular games by up to 80% with many titles marked down to $1, including The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Ambitions, SimCity Deluxe, NCAA Football by EA Sports, Need for Speed Shift, Tetris, Littlest Pet Shop, Need for Speed Undercover, Yahtzee HD, RISK, The Game of Life, Monopoly, Monopoly Here & Now The World Edition, Scrabble, Reckless Racing HD and The Simpsons Arcade. MADDEN NFL 11 by EA Sports for iPad, Rock Band, Mirror’s Edge for iPad and Scrabble for iPad are on sale for $5 each.
Chillingo is also offering deep discounts of up to 80% off many of its popular titles, including Cogs HD ($2), Billabong Surf Trip ($1), Radio Flare Redux ($1), Radio Flare Redux HD ($1), Parking Mania HD ($1), Defender Chronicles - Legend of the Desert King ($1), Master of Alchemy HD ($1), Master of Alchemy ($1) and Fiona’s Flowers HD ($1). Chillingo’s sale runs until Sunday, November 28th.
Pangea Software is selling all of its games for $1 for a limited time. The list of games includes Enigmo, Enigmo 2, Enigmo Deluxe, Cro-Mag Rally, Nanosaur 2, Billy Frontier, Bugdom 2, Warheads, Otto Matic and Antimatter. All of the games can be found on Pangea’s App Store page.
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Nintendo’s next two smartphone games will be free-to-play
- Report: iOS 10 likely to include standalone HomeKit app
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- Apple requiring all new Apple Watch apps to be native apps
- Web previews popping up for some Apple TV apps
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)