Blinkit iPod safety light debuts | iLounge News

Blinkit iPod safety light debuts

imageIntuitive Devices has introduced the Blinkit safety flasher/flashlight system for iPods. The $30 device, which is compatible with all dockable iPods, is designed for personal safety when using your iPod after dark. “The Blinkit user becomes easily visible from over a hundred yards away,” says the company. “An adjustable mirror system lets users direct light forward or to both sides. Five interchangeable tinted lens caps let users change the color of light emitted. Whether for safety or just fun, Blinkit helps provide personal visibility at night. In addition, Blinkit also flashes along with your iPod, providing a light show synchronized to the beat of your music.”

« XtremeMac offers NBA Iconz iPod cases

Small Dog offers CarTune FM transmitter/charger »

Comments

I think that Griffin should come out with a dock connector verison of the iBeams.  My cats went crazy when i used the laser pointer.

Posted by can'tbeatApple on January 14, 2006 at 4:14 PM (PDT)

this is just another pathetic example of how cheap companies will make any #### to sell for ipod, just because its for the ipod

Posted by nick benko on January 14, 2006 at 5:18 PM (PDT)

Duh, this is just another example of how exciting it is to have new stuff for the ipod…maybe you belong on a walkman!!

Posted by brainiac on January 14, 2006 at 7:43 PM (PDT)

i agree, where can you buy it? maybe nick can find a miner’s light helmet on ebay!!!

Posted by rocketfuel on January 14, 2006 at 7:47 PM (PDT)

I really does seem silly to me. A standalone flashlight would be much better and there are better solutions for light shows.

Posted by Japester on January 15, 2006 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

this product says “HEY LOOK AT ME I"VE HAVE MONEY!!!!! ROB ME FOR ALL I"M WORTH!!!!!”

Posted by Oneofthedreamers on January 15, 2006 at 5:09 PM (PDT)

if you think a safety light says rob me for all i’m worth maybe you should stay home…with or without a light your iPod and your dangling earbuds make you a “target”...

Posted by frenz on January 16, 2006 at 10:43 AM (PDT)

Bought one of the first 210 Blinkits at MacWorld and I love it. Found my Bluetooth earpiece between the seats of my Expedition and kept the blue light blinking in Puerto Vallarta so my friends could find me and get me back to the hotel. Lite one up and enjoy!

Posted by smarterthanyou on January 17, 2006 at 6:29 PM (PDT)

these accesories are so weird, and totalley not worth the money in my opinion.)

Posted by ipoder555 on January 17, 2006 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

got a blinkit at macworld and now all my buds want one…it’s the light that’s right for the night ladies

Posted by hipster11 on January 17, 2006 at 10:28 PM (PDT)

anyone see the blinkit jugglers at macworld?

Posted by jokerz on January 17, 2006 at 10:31 PM (PDT)

my fish do funny things with the blinkit…so next time i take a shower….

Posted by aquabot on January 17, 2006 at 10:36 PM (PDT)

pretty slick little widget. it’s not laserium, but i can see in the dark

Posted by reverendjim on January 17, 2006 at 10:49 PM (PDT)

Reader advisory: This news story, a related review, and a competing product’s review received hyping comments from a viral marketer affiliated with Intuitive Designs. iLounge strongly discourages its readers from doing business with companies that engage in such practices.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on January 30, 2006 at 12:45 AM (PDT)

i had a real problem with this device…i was driving and listening to my ipod through my radio and i saw that the blinkit light was attached ....mind you it was about 10 30 at night ....i said hey lets see what this thing looks like ...it happened to have the blue cover on it ... and as i played tupacs ” do for love ”  the people in front of me pulled over as if i was a policeman
and in less than 5 minutes i myself was pulled over by a policeman asking for my stolen police strobe ....i said umm its my ipod light ...and he said that is the most asinine object he had ever seen and his dept will do what they can to ban them .......so sorry blinkit ....maybe i got you guys in trouble…..they should put a disclaimer saying dont use in a vehicle at night with red or blue shields

Posted by bok on June 2, 2006 at 10:17 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2