Blog the Book XL Contest - Winners Announced
Congratulations to the winners:
First place: James Oliver, United Kingdom (Geneva Lab Model XL speaker system ($1075))
Second place: Leopold Plassart of Nantes, France (Geneva Lab Model L speaker ($599))
Third place: randomly selected winner, Johnathon Schlemmer of Overland Park, Kansas (Geneva Lab Model L speaker ($599))
If you don’t remember last year’s Blog the Book Contest, here’s the recap: three bloggers won a total of $1500 in prizes after linking to our Free iPod Book. This year, both the Book and the Contest are bigger than ever: in the spirit of largess, Geneva Lab has provided a total of three of its massive Model L ($599) and XL ($1075) Sound Systems as prizes, so we’re giving them away to three more lucky readers who link their blogs (or web sites) to our brand new Free iPod Book 2.0.
Tips: Display one or more of the Book badges below on your blog/web site in a place where it will be seen. Past winners used prominent links that readers would see, and explained why they should click on the link. Don’t think about cheating: we’re looking and checking for unique referrals.
Grand Prize - One winner with the most unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page wins:
One Geneva Lab Model XL Sound System (value: $1075) in the winner’s choice of three colors - black, white, or red. If you haven’t read our review yet, you should - this mammoth 66-pound iPod, radio, and CD audio system will fill a house with powerful, detailed sound. (iPod not included.)
Second Place - One winner with the second most unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page wins:
One Geneva Lab Model L Sound System (value: $599). Like its larger brother, the 33-pound Model L blows away other iPod speaker systems, but does so in a more manageably sized packge. With the same CD, radio, and iPod docking features of XL, Model L will stand out in any room of your house. (iPod not included.)
Third Place - One winner with (a) at least 25 or more unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page, and (b) an on-blog description of his or her favorite part(s) of the Book, will be chosen by iLounge’s editors to also win:
One Geneva Lab Model L Sound System (value: $599), as described above. (iPod not included.)
How to Enter:
Just insert one of the following contest badges onto your blog’s page(s). Choose your badge wisely - pick the badge that will appeal most to your readers, or use as many as you want - it’s your choice.
1. Please choose a graphic and download to your server:
2. You must use this link for the graphic in order for your referrals to be counted: http://blogthebook.ilounge.com/
3. Please send us an email with a link to your blog.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The Blog The Book XL Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: July 6, 2006, 11:59 pm.
- One entry per person per household.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents. No substitute prizes or cash value prizes will be made available.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information you submit automatically becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and the name of the winners will be used to identify the winners on iLounge.com.
- Winners will be announced on this page on July 7, 2006.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms and/or rules at any time to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads