Blog the Book XL Contest - Winners Announced
Published: Tuesday, June 6, 2006
Site News Categories:
Congratulations to the winners:
First place: James Oliver, United Kingdom (Geneva Lab Model XL speaker system ($1075))
Second place: Leopold Plassart of Nantes, France (Geneva Lab Model L speaker ($599))
Third place: randomly selected winner, Johnathon Schlemmer of Overland Park, Kansas (Geneva Lab Model L speaker ($599))
If you don’t remember last year’s Blog the Book Contest, here’s the recap: three bloggers won a total of $1500 in prizes after linking to our Free iPod Book. This year, both the Book and the Contest are bigger than ever: in the spirit of largess, Geneva Lab has provided a total of three of its massive Model L ($599) and XL ($1075) Sound Systems as prizes, so we’re giving them away to three more lucky readers who link their blogs (or web sites) to our brand new Free iPod Book 2.0.
Tips: Display one or more of the Book badges below on your blog/web site in a place where it will be seen. Past winners used prominent links that readers would see, and explained why they should click on the link. Don’t think about cheating: we’re looking and checking for unique referrals.
Grand Prize - One winner with the most unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page wins:
One Geneva Lab Model XL Sound System (value: $1075) in the winner’s choice of three colors - black, white, or red. If you haven’t read our review yet, you should - this mammoth 66-pound iPod, radio, and CD audio system will fill a house with powerful, detailed sound. (iPod not included.)
Second Place - One winner with the second most unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page wins:
One Geneva Lab Model L Sound System (value: $599). Like its larger brother, the 33-pound Model L blows away other iPod speaker systems, but does so in a more manageably sized packge. With the same CD, radio, and iPod docking features of XL, Model L will stand out in any room of your house. (iPod not included.)
Third Place - One winner with (a) at least 25 or more unique referrals to The Free iPod Book 2.0 download page, and (b) an on-blog description of his or her favorite part(s) of the Book, will be chosen by iLounge’s editors to also win:
One Geneva Lab Model L Sound System (value: $599), as described above. (iPod not included.)
How to Enter:
Just insert one of the following contest badges onto your blog’s page(s). Choose your badge wisely - pick the badge that will appeal most to your readers, or use as many as you want - it’s your choice.
1. Please choose a graphic and download to your server:
2. You must use this link for the graphic in order for your referrals to be counted: http://blogthebook.ilounge.com/
3. Please send us an email with a link to your blog.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The Blog The Book XL Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: July 6, 2006, 11:59 pm.
- One entry per person per household.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents. No substitute prizes or cash value prizes will be made available.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information you submit automatically becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and the name of the winners will be used to identify the winners on iLounge.com.
- Winners will be announced on this page on July 7, 2006.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms and/or rules at any time to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox