Blogsy adds Tumblr, Vimeo support + more
Fomola has released an update to Blogsy adding Retina Display support for the new iPad, integration with Tumblr and Vimeo and a number of additional new features and enhancements. Blogsy is a tool for creating, writing and editing blog posts designed specifically with the iPad touchscreen interface in mind, making it easy to work with both text and rich media content; users can easily drag-and-drop images into posts from services such as Flickr, Picasa and Google Image search or even directly from the integrated web browser or create links by dragging and dropping URLs. The app provides rich-text editing and direct HTML support and multiple blogs and services along with support for local drafts, scheduled posts, and more.
Version 3.4 adds Tumblr compatibility with support for all of the various post types such as quote posts, audio posts and video posts. Vimeo support has also been added to allow users to easily embed videos in their posts via drag-and-drop with no need to worry about embed codes. For WordPress users, the new version introduces access to the WordPress Media Library along with support for inserting PDF, document and audio files into a post as well as custom field support for blog posts, post format support and sticky support; users with self-hosted WordPress blogs can also now set or edit the featured image for their blog directly from the iPad or from their WordPress Media Library. Local drafts have also been improved with the ability to keep a local draft in the app even after publishing a post and live display of new posts in the local drafts listing. Numerous other smaller improvements have also been made for IBM Connections, TypePad and Blogger including foreign language character support, dynamic image resizing and parsing engine enhancements as well as improved integration with Flickr for viewing private images and more image sizes. Blogsy requires iOS 5.0 or later and is available from the App Store for $5.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?