Blogsy adds Tumblr, Vimeo support + more
Fomola has released an update to Blogsy adding Retina Display support for the new iPad, integration with Tumblr and Vimeo and a number of additional new features and enhancements. Blogsy is a tool for creating, writing and editing blog posts designed specifically with the iPad touchscreen interface in mind, making it easy to work with both text and rich media content; users can easily drag-and-drop images into posts from services such as Flickr, Picasa and Google Image search or even directly from the integrated web browser or create links by dragging and dropping URLs. The app provides rich-text editing and direct HTML support and multiple blogs and services along with support for local drafts, scheduled posts, and more.
Version 3.4 adds Tumblr compatibility with support for all of the various post types such as quote posts, audio posts and video posts. Vimeo support has also been added to allow users to easily embed videos in their posts via drag-and-drop with no need to worry about embed codes. For WordPress users, the new version introduces access to the WordPress Media Library along with support for inserting PDF, document and audio files into a post as well as custom field support for blog posts, post format support and sticky support; users with self-hosted WordPress blogs can also now set or edit the featured image for their blog directly from the iPad or from their WordPress Media Library. Local drafts have also been improved with the ability to keep a local draft in the app even after publishing a post and live display of new posts in the local drafts listing. Numerous other smaller improvements have also been made for IBM Connections, TypePad and Blogger including foreign language character support, dynamic image resizing and parsing engine enhancements as well as improved integration with Flickr for viewing private images and more image sizes. Blogsy requires iOS 5.0 or later and is available from the App Store for $5.
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Friends, Champ Man 15, Yelp 8.2 + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today