Bluelounge unveils MiniDock for iPod, iPhone | iLounge News

Bluelounge unveils MiniDock for iPod, iPhone

image

Bluelounge has unveiled its new MiniDock charging accessory for the iPod and iPhone. The MiniDock is a small accessory that works in conjunction with Apple’s USB Power Adapter, connecting directly to a power outlet to charge an iPod or iPhone while sitting upright. BlueLounge’s MiniDock for the iPod and iPhone is available now and sells for $20.

« Ascendancy adds Ship Design improvements

Autodesk releases Pixlr-o-matic »

Comments

It isn’t available on the website yet, why ?

Posted by jansen on July 25, 2011 at 7:46 AM (CDT)

Hi Jansen, there is a delay on the launch date of this product. We have notified iLounge about the delay. Sorry if this has made a confusion.

Posted by Bluelounge on July 25, 2011 at 8:36 AM (CDT)

20 dollars??? for a wall charger that requires another charger?? ugh. pass.

Posted by chris on July 25, 2011 at 8:59 AM (CDT)

Ignoring the cost for the moment, under what circumstance is this product useful? The average outlet location is not at all where you need a standing “docked” iPod. In my entire household there isn’t one outlet where this product would make any sense.

Not ignoring the cost, I just had some more MusicPower Quartets delivered to my house last week for a bit over $6 each - Four 500 mA USB ports with all the correct identifying circuitry that will charge any iPod or iPad (as well as my cell phone). Let’s see, I could get three of those and have up to four devices charging off of a single outlet with cords to somewhere more convenient, or I could have a single device charging, oh, behind my couch where I can’t reach it for $49, hmm…

Think there’s a saying about a fool and his money that covers this product.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on August 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM (CDT)

Well, it would work great in my bathroom while getting ready in the morning. Keeping it at a good height and away from the h2o and an already clutterd counter. However, the picture up top makes me think the manufacture thinks most people will just use the floor level sockets.

Posted by woody on August 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM (CDT)

@Code Monkey.  It work well in a kitchen.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on August 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM (CDT)

How does that work well in a kitchen? Or a bathroom? It doesn’t have a connection to headphones, speakers or a computer, at best it’s a fixed place Airplay remote. I honestly can’t see where this would ever be remotely useful, certainly not $49 worth of useful.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on August 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM (CDT)