Bluetrek at CES: Aurele cases, Bluetooth accessories
Bluetrek is showing a number of new items at its booth inside the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES. Among them is the new LostDog series of cases inspired by the work of French artist Aurele. The snap-style cases for the iPhone 4 feature glossy rear surfaces covered in artwork, open access to all ports and controls—including the micro SIM slot—and frosted side coverings; a screen protector is also included. Notably, each article in the lineup is made from natural, recycled, or recyclable materials, and most of the cases carry a unique ID that can be used to identify a device should it be lost. Bluetrek’s LostDog cases for the iPhone 4 are available now and sell for $27; the folio-style iPad cases sell for $60 and $90.
Also being shown at the booth but yet to receive a price or release date are the company’s new Speaky Bluetooth handsfree car kit and the Carbon Bluetooth headset. The Speaky is a cartoon character-like car kit that is designed to hang from a car’s rearview mirror, with volume controls on its arms and a central control button on its torso, audible voice alerts, a 3.5mm input for non-Bluetooth use, and a unique auto-off sensor system that shuts the Speaky down after five minutes of no motion. The Carbon is a very small Bluetooth headset, featuring a slim carbon fiber microphone stem, a 4.5 hour battery built into the stem, and an iPhone-like power button.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards