Bluetrek at CES: Aurele cases, Bluetooth accessories
Bluetrek is showing a number of new items at its booth inside the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES. Among them is the new LostDog series of cases inspired by the work of French artist Aurele. The snap-style cases for the iPhone 4 feature glossy rear surfaces covered in artwork, open access to all ports and controls—including the micro SIM slot—and frosted side coverings; a screen protector is also included. Notably, each article in the lineup is made from natural, recycled, or recyclable materials, and most of the cases carry a unique ID that can be used to identify a device should it be lost. Bluetrek’s LostDog cases for the iPhone 4 are available now and sell for $27; the folio-style iPad cases sell for $60 and $90.
Also being shown at the booth but yet to receive a price or release date are the company’s new Speaky Bluetooth handsfree car kit and the Carbon Bluetooth headset. The Speaky is a cartoon character-like car kit that is designed to hang from a car’s rearview mirror, with volume controls on its arms and a central control button on its torso, audible voice alerts, a 3.5mm input for non-Bluetooth use, and a unique auto-off sensor system that shuts the Speaky down after five minutes of no motion. The Carbon is a very small Bluetooth headset, featuring a slim carbon fiber microphone stem, a 4.5 hour battery built into the stem, and an iPhone-like power button.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?