BMW announces new iPad, iPhone, iPod accessories
At the 2010 Paris Motor Show, luxury auto maker BMW announced several new enhancements and accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Perhaps most notable among the new offerings is the BMW holder for the Apple iPad, an accessory that attaches to the company’s new Travel & Comfort System, and offers secure back-seat mounting for the tablet, the ability to be used in vertical or horizontal orientation, and angle adjustment. Also new is the BMW Station for the Apple iPhone, another cradle-like accessory designed for BMW models lacking the company’s iDrive control system. It offers optimal mounting of an iPhone, allows for charging without visible cable connections, includes a hands-free kit with directional microphone and radio mute function, and will interface with an upcoming BMW Link app for iDrive-like functionality. The company is also planning to offer new Bluetooth technology created for iOS 4 that allows the iPhone 4 to be better integrated, and complete support for the new iPod Out feature of iOS 4 for improved navigation and control of connected devices. BMW’s new accessories and features for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod are expected to be available in new BMW automobiles beginning in Spring 2011.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards