BMW announces new iPod interface
BMW has announced a new iPod interface for the newest generation of BMW models. The carmaker said that the new “BMW Interface for iPod” will be available for every current BMW model, including 3 Series Sedans and Sports Wagons, the new M5 Sedan and M6 Coupe, as well as the 5, 6, and 7 Series. Compatible with all dock connector iPods, the direct-connect unit lets BMW owners incorporate their iPods directly into their car’s sound system, allowing them to control playback and volume, shuffle songs, and sort music by playlists, artist, album, genre or podcast.
“The seamless integration of iPod makes it effortless for drivers to control their music through their existing audio system and the multifunction steering wheel,” explains BMW. “The new BMW Interface for iPod enables drivers to easily access their entire music library, shuffle songs, skip between tracks and adjust volume—all of this with no loss of sound quality or driving control. The BMW iPod Interfaces integrate the iPod through a direct connection in the BMW glovebox, providing outstanding sound quality and constant power to the iPod all while your iPod remains protected and out of view.”
The new BMW iPod interface will be available at BMW centers beginning in July 2006. The company said pricing has not yet been determined, but that installation will be performed by authorized BMW centers only. The original BMW iPod Adapter will continue to be available for 2002 and later BMW models, including the X3, X5, Z4, and previous generation 3 Series.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?