Booq Announces PodPaq Nappa iPod Case | iLounge News

Booq Announces PodPaq Nappa iPod Case

pic Booq has announced the release of a new version of its PodPaq case in Nappa leather. PodPaq nappa features pockets for earbuds, Nappa leather, belt clip, removable flip-top lid, access for headphones/charging cable and fits new 3G iPods. The case sells for $49.50 and is now available for shipping.

Press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Booq Debuts Full-Featured Nappa Leather iPod Case

BURBANK, CALIF.

« Case Giveaway 16.0 Plus (PodPaq and iPod: The Missing Manual)

Shortage of iPods in Australia »

Comments

Wow; that is quite possibly the ugliest iPod case I’ve ever seen…

Posted by mongoos150 on August 4, 2003 at 9:35 AM (CDT)

I like it… I would buy a Booq case if they were each about $10 cheaper.

I’d be willing to pay $29.95 for the Nylon and $39.95 for the leather.

Ah hell, I’ll probably break down and buy one anyway.

Why won’t anyone design a Booq-like case with a clear window in the flap so we can read the screen while using the remote?!

Posted by azdude_15gb on August 4, 2003 at 9:40 AM (CDT)

i think it looks lush

Posted by ti on August 4, 2003 at 12:17 PM (CDT)

I returned my BOOQ Case because it was too loose on my 15 gig iPod. Too bad, it looked pretty neat.

Posted by John Beck on August 4, 2003 at 2:12 PM (CDT)

I purchased their other case and love it. There are a few problems, though:
1. don’t believe you can store earphones in the place on the cover - at least not for a 30 gig.
2. I found the magnetic snaps on the front of the cover wonderful, but if there is anything of any size in the pouch it will not cover.
3. The opening in the top where you can insert the earphone plug is really not very good - I found it did not let the earplug go in all the way, opening the cover with the plug in place was a real pain.
4. there is no access to the hold switch unless you open the cover - most inconvenient.

But these are really MINOR but irritating concerns.

The iPod is WELL protected from shock. The case is both attractive and secure. The belt clip is great and very solid. You can plug your cable into the bottom, though for recharging Apple is very clear to not do so in a case - and given the heat, I agree.

I am pleased with the case and feel it is well worth the cost. At the same time, I am looking for something that addresses the concerns I mentioned.

Posted by doug on August 4, 2003 at 5:37 PM (CDT)

It looks absolutely horrid…

Posted by dookie on August 4, 2003 at 8:50 PM (CDT)

Ya, how can guys actually like that thing? Its incredibly fugly

Posted by hardie on August 4, 2003 at 8:52 PM (CDT)

I’ve had mine for about three weeks now. Purchased it at the Macworld Creative Pro Expo NY. Got a special show price deal. I have to say, I LOVE IT. It was just the case I was looking for… Fits my 30GB iPod literally like a glove. Thanks Booq!

Posted by Louis in Long Island on August 8, 2003 at 1:33 AM (CDT)

I PURCHASED BOOG PACK014 - AND USED FOR ABOUT 5, 6MONTHS, I THOUGHT IT LOOKS VERY NICE STYLISH & GREAT PROTECTION FROM OUTSIDE. FIRST 1, 2MONTHS WAS FINE.

BUT THERE ARE MANY PROBLEM.

WARNING!!!!
1. THERE ARE SOME MAGNETIC BUTTONS, THESE BUTTON’S DAMAGED IPOD BODY (SCRATCHES)
2. SCREEN COVER (CLEAR PART) WILL DAMAGE YOUR IPOD SCREEN, ONCE IT GETS DAMAGED, SOME LINES WILL SCRATCH TO IPOD SCREEN,  THEN YOU CAN NOT REALLY SEE THE SCREEN.
3. IT IS DEFINETELY TOO BIG FOR 15GB(3G) IPODS.
IT WILL FALL WHEN YOU OPEN & MOVE IT.

4. REMOTE CABLE GOT DAMAGED WHEN OPEN THE CASE EACH TIME.
THEN REMOTE CABLE’S TOP PART WILL CRACKED & CUT OFF, I HAD TO PURCHASED THE APPLE REMOTE CONTROL EARPADS 3 TIMES ALREADY, B/C OF THIS PROBLEM.
5. I CONTACTED & REPORT THESE PROBLEMS TO BOOQ, BUT THEY NEVER REPLY,
6. TOO EXPENSIVE FOR IT.
7. UNFORTUNETELY I DROPED MY IPOD LIGHTLY ONCE, THEN IT TOASTED, DEAD! - SO THIS CASE WON’T DO ANYTHING BUT KILL IPOD.

AS THESE RESULT NO ONE SHOULD BUY THIS PRODUCT, & BOOQ COMPANY NEED TO FIX THESE DEFECTIVE PROBLEMS ASAP.
I WOULD LIKE TO GET MY MONEY BACK FOR THIS EVIL CASE & REPAIR MY IPOD.

TRUST ME IT WAS STRAIGHT UP RIPED OFF!!!

Posted by NEVA AGAIN FROM NYC on September 5, 2004 at 5:07 PM (CDT)

1) The magnetic uttons you speek of are covered on the inside, how did it scratch the Ipod body?
2) What are you talking about the plastic screen protector scratching the screen?
3) I have a 40GB, 4G and it fits it perfectly.
4) The fact that the front cover comes off is a nice feature.
5) I (Knock on wood) have not dropped my Ipod, I hope it doesn’t happen regardless of whatever case I have.
6) I just ordered the Lillipod to use while at the gym, I like the fact that I can wear it around my neck with the lanyard.

I suppose we all have our preferences.

Posted by Jorge D on September 20, 2004 at 11:01 AM (CDT)

HELLO,MY NAME IS DANIEL LAGER, I’AM JUST LOOKING FOR THORSTON.I WAS HELPING HIM WITH SHIPPNG THE ITEMS THE CUSTOMERS HAD PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET,BACK WHEN BOOQ HAD JUST BEGUN.SO IF HE GETS THIS MESSAGE, I HOPE HE REMEMBERS ME,AS I DO REMEMBER HIM,AND HIS WIFE(JANE) BEING A GOOD FRIENDS TO ME. PLEASE LET THEM KNOW THAT I SAID HELLO, AND THAT I’M STILL ALIVE, BUT IN NEW YORK FOR THE MOMENT DUE TO A FAMILY EMERGENCY. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING,OR AFTERNOON!

Posted by DANNY LAGER on August 25, 2005 at 9:32 PM (CDT)