Booq releases PodPaq case for 3G iPods | iLounge News

Booq releases PodPaq case for 3G iPods

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, July 16, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic Booq has released a new iPod case called PodPaq. Made of ballistic nylon and trimmed in nappa leather, the PodPaq features a snap closure flap lined in Neoprene and sides made of Neoprene. It’s only made for 15 and 30GB iPods. The case also has a quick release belt clip and access to all of iPod’s functions. PodPaq retails for $39.50, is in-stock and will ship July 22nd.

« Apple: Profits rise from sales of music and 3G iPods

XtremeMac iPod accessory clearance »

Comments

Wow!  An iPod case that actually looks good!  Could be a bit big though.  And I’d worry about the nylon scratching the iPod.

Posted by Albert on July 16, 2003 at 11:53 AM (PDT)

This is by far the best looking case yet. This is the one I’ll order, I waited over a month for that Zip Clear case, and it still was on back order. The quality of this one looks great. I’ll reply back with comments if i get it.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 16, 2003 at 12:27 PM (PDT)

That is a sweet looking case! Wow. I wonder if the bottom has a opening for the synch port?

Posted by rainman on July 16, 2003 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

Yes, it does… look at “more images” on their web page.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 16, 2003 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

wow, that really looks like a high quality case. i like how the flip cover can be removed. the opening for the 4 buttons are nice. however, there’s no way to dock the ipod with the case on. that’s too bad….

Posted by torchedlh on July 16, 2003 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

Neat…..........

Posted by MadPict in UK on July 16, 2003 at 1:20 PM (PDT)

i wish they made one like that for the old iPods, i might have to go buy a new iPod just to get that case!, lol

Posted by jason on July 16, 2003 at 1:26 PM (PDT)

I agree with everybody else, this is a sharp looking case. Just placed my order and can’t wait to get it.

Posted by Jester on July 16, 2003 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

I live right near this Booq place, I just called them to see if I can pick one up. I can’t afford another frickin’ scratch on my iPod!!!

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 16, 2003 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

Just ordered it! I think this is the one case to beat. How cool is that removable flap!!?? Now you can use the same case for traveling as you do for working out too.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 16, 2003 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

Umm.  Nice, but doesn’t have screen protector.  It would be nice for it to have a screen protector and a flap.
i-Vod it is then.  Too bad.  The i-Vod is the case to beat.

Posted by deep on July 16, 2003 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

I got the case today at Creative Pro. It rocks. It looks great, the fit is perfect, the inside is lined with leather…

Posted by Rich on July 16, 2003 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

Rich, do you have a 15 or 30G ipod?  And is it loose on the 15?

Posted by Albert on July 16, 2003 at 3:59 PM (PDT)

this case is sweet, only it won’t fit my 10gb

Posted by Joey sue on July 16, 2003 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

I wish they would make a white version of it, i like to keep the ipods look.

Posted by Riyad Chowdhury on July 16, 2003 at 6:44 PM (PDT)

I bought the leather version today at the Macworld Creative Pro Expo NY. It’s great. Looks very sharp. Functional. Just what I was looking for… My 30 GB iPod fits in it like a glove.

Posted by Louis in Long Island on July 16, 2003 at 8:27 PM (PDT)

button closure?

yuck!

give me velcro or zipper.

Posted by Foo_Foo on July 16, 2003 at 8:34 PM (PDT)

Can ANyone post any pics of it like the real thing, not just on there sight.  A couple people said that they got one at MW, can you guys post some pics, or send some to:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address),

thanks!

Posted by Rob on July 16, 2003 at 8:45 PM (PDT)

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 17, 2003 at 5:49 AM (PDT)

[I]originally posted by ntljr[/I]
[B]Why doesn’t it fit the 10 gig??? That sucks. Just canceled my order! I really wanted this one. What gives on the sizing?[/B]

From the site:
”...The PodPaq014’ssolid construction allows for a tightly controlled fit for all three iPod models…”
Which makes perfect sense, since according to Apple’s iPod Tech Specs page the 10 and 15 GB models have the same exact dimensions:
4.1 by 2.4 by 0.62 inches

The only thing I can find lacking on this case is screen protection.
The flap closure actually looks like the magnetic snaps on my wife’s purse, rather than actual snaps (although I would need to see it in person to verify.. can an owner clarify?).

Posted by cybergoober on July 17, 2003 at 6:08 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >