Booq releases PodPaq case for 3G iPods | iLounge News

Booq releases PodPaq case for 3G iPods

pic Booq has released a new iPod case called PodPaq. Made of ballistic nylon and trimmed in nappa leather, the PodPaq features a snap closure flap lined in Neoprene and sides made of Neoprene. It’s only made for 15 and 30GB iPods. The case also has a quick release belt clip and access to all of iPod’s functions. PodPaq retails for $39.50, is in-stock and will ship July 22nd.

« Apple: Profits rise from sales of music and 3G iPods

XtremeMac iPod accessory clearance »

Comments

So, what do you guys think? Is this ok for the 10 gig? Seems like it might work??

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 17, 2003 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

Well, if the Tech Specs page I linked to is true then it should fit the 10GB just as well as it would the 15GB.

Now I’m torn between this case and the iSkin EXO…

Posted by cybergoober on July 17, 2003 at 6:29 AM (PDT)

SAME HERE! The iSkin is so simple and let’s you show off the iPod a bit more. But this PodPaq is by far the nicest case if you do a lot of travel. I don’t think I’d worry about the iPod too much if it was in this case. I might cancel my cancelation and re-order this.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 17, 2003 at 6:34 AM (PDT)

Wow, that is one impressive looking case.  I have been a big fan of XtremeMac’s cases in the past, and they say their new cases are coming out at the end of July - I’ll wait to see how theirs compares, but this one looks awesome.

Posted by jason on July 17, 2003 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

I have the 15 gb ipod so it fits the 10 just as well. I saw the new iskin exo, it does not look that great. It is a pain to put on and take off and the belt clip looks cheesy not to mention the metal belt clop connector in the back.

Posted by Rich on July 17, 2003 at 8:42 AM (PDT)

Thanks Rich… i think you just made my choice a lot easier.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 17, 2003 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

Well as far as putting on and taking off the iSkin exo-
Once I got it on I can’t think of any reason why I’d want to take it off…

Posted by cybergoober on July 17, 2003 at 10:41 AM (PDT)

The PodPaq014 will fit all 3G iPods, including the 10GB model. The error on [url=http://www.booqbags.com]http://www.booqbags.com[/url] has been fixed. Thanks for all your great feedback.

Posted by Thorsten (Booq) on July 17, 2003 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

When did you guys forget the 10 and the 15 gig iPods are exactly the same size in everyway? A fine case indeed, just I would like it to be used in the dock :(

Posted by Casual on July 17, 2003 at 2:45 PM (PDT)

What a sweet case! I wish I would’nt have got the new sporsuit convertible now!! Oh well I guess I’ll have 2 good cases. It looks like it could be taken in and out witout much hassle. The sportsuit is so tight and you have to watch that velcro tab when taking the ipod out. Still all around a great case, can’t wait to get this one though.

Posted by Del Griffith on July 17, 2003 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

I got one of these at MacWorld Expo yesterday and I’m pleased with it. The important features to me are accessibility (to the iPod and to its functions) and protection. The rubberized iSkin provides nice protection (while letting you see the iPod and not adding bulk), but it doesn’t have a belt clip. The default Apple case has a snug fit, but the belt clip isn’t the kind that lets you snap the thing on and off, and you have to remove the iPod from the case to work it (unless you’re using the remote). Because of the flap/cover, I don’t mind the lack of a separate protector for the screen—I had a case of a similar design for my old iPod; it had some sort of Mylar/vinyl thingy that made the front of the iPod visible when the flap was lifted, but it also left some unremovable crud on the face of the device.

Posted by Eric Newman on July 18, 2003 at 6:23 AM (PDT)

Can anyone tell me if this belt clip is the swivel type or stationary like the sportsuit covertible?

Posted by Del Griffith on July 18, 2003 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

The clip swivels 360! No click positioning though. Just got mine delivered. Overall, it’s excellent. I was expecting a high quality, based on the Boog photography shown on their site. Although I think this is by far the best one out there, I wonder why such a high mark up in price. Should be no higher than $20. But I’m happy my iPod will have no further scratches.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 23, 2003 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

Well I think they are all very overpriced so thats no surprise, however I am very dissapointed to hear that the clip swivels. I was hoping for a clip like on the sportsuit convertible. The swivel clips I’ve had in the past I did not care for. Oh well to late now, it’s on the way. Thanks for the report ntljr…

Posted by Del Griffith on July 23, 2003 at 2:51 PM (PDT)

FedEx just delivered my PodPaq a few minutes ago.  I’m impressed with the quality of the case but I was hoping the fit would be more snug.  It feels like this case could easily fit a 2G 20g iPod.  The front clasps are magnetic while the back ones are buttons (they are the ones that connect the flap to the sleeve). So far so good.  My only problem with the case is that the plug on my headphones (koss ksc-35) is too big to use in conjuction with the flap.  It seems the flap was designed with only enough space to clear the plug for the remote.  I guess it makes sense in way that you would use the remote when covering the controls.  Other than that, I think I’ll be using this case more than my Incase sleeve.

Posted by dk789 in Houston, TX on July 25, 2003 at 1:44 PM (PDT)

After a week of using this, I have a few issues… I wonder if any of you do too. First the fit is not that snug on the 10gig model. It feels like it’s too big for the model. And second, the clip is very cheap and to thick. I wish it felt stronger and maybe was about half the thickness.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on July 28, 2003 at 1:39 PM (PDT)

After 2 minutes I can vouch for disliking the clip! I hate the thick swivel clips like these. I love the stationary thin clip on my sportsuit convertable.I would not have ordered it had I known it had the swivel but to late now,  I do like the design, the ease of taking it out for docking and the cover is great. I don’t like the headphone opening, way to small! As far as the fit..my 30 gig fits very tightly. Overall I like the case.

Posted by Del Griffith on July 28, 2003 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

Can anyone vouch for the level of scratch resistance on this case?  I heard the Apple one is not a good case to use . . .

Posted by jhart71 in Detroit, MI on October 20, 2003 at 8:50 AM (PDT)

The case does not scratch the iPod in any way! But, the window is not covered, so the screen can easily be scratched.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on October 20, 2003 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

I just got mine today. Looks very nice. There IS a screen protector (new improvement?) Button and dial use is not nearly as smooth as without (the nylon is pretty thick). I think I had hoped for better impact resistance, perhaps a thicker layer of neoprene? I suspect the ShowCase would do a better job if dropped—hard to say. The big disappointment for me was the front flap closure. The flap doesn’t reach the snaps very naturally, so it takes more attention than I’d like to give to close it securely. I just may return this one. Bummer.

Posted by tombuon on November 21, 2003 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >