Boreaal Publishers releases LetterSchool
Boreaal Publishers has released LetterSchool, a new educational app for iOS devices that helps to teach writing skills, counting and phonics to young children. Using a custom-built OpenGL-based 3D game engine, LetterSchool provides advanced visual effects and animations to take a new approach toward handwriting instruction, encouraging children in their writing skills with a wide range of games. Children engage in writing with sparkling candy, squealing tires, cuddly animals and more, capturing the child’s attention to keep them coming back to the application and practicing while learning letters and numbers at their own pace. Designed for children from ages 4 to 6, LetterSchool combines different learning approaches as children practice each letter or number in four steps: memorizing the letter’s shape and sound, tapping the dots to form the letter’s shape, tracing the letter on-screen and finally writing the letter from memory. Once the player has completed all of the numbers and letters in the first level, they are taken to a second, more challenging level and are ultimately presented with a final free-form writing game to put their acquired skills to the test. LetterSchool is a universal app requiring iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $3. A free, Lite version is also available with a limited set of letters and numbers.
- Blockr, Chesh, Sago Mini Babies, Puzzle & Glory + more
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- New Philips Hue Bridge supports HomeKit, Siri
- 80 Days, Microgee, Tweetbot 4, Burstio, Evernote, Google Photos
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?