Bose intros SoundDock Series II for iPod and iPhone | iLounge News

Bose intros SoundDock Series II for iPod and iPhone

image

Bose has introduced its new SoundDock Series II digital music system for the iPod and iPhone. As Bose’s first “Works With iPhone” certified system, the SoundDock Series II features a new auxiliary input, and a body that more closely resembles the company’s SoundDock Portable system, measuring 6 5/8” high by 12” wide and 6 1/2” deep. An included infrared remote offers control of the system and basic iPod and iPhone functions, including playlist navigation. The Bose SoundDock Series II will be available in Gloss Black for $299 starting in early September. The company’s original SoundDock system is now priced at $229.

« Reuters: MTS and Apple bringing iPhone to Russia [updated]

Apple sued over iPhone 3G problems »

Comments

will there also be a sounddock portable II?
i didn’t like the original bose sounddock at all but i fell in love with the portable version that i could also use outdoors with the rechargeable battery. i would have preferred a more sturdy finish though. the glossy color is very prone to fingertips and scratches.

Posted by oluv on August 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM (CDT)

I wonder if this new SoundDock will work with the iPhone 3G. The original SoundDock does not - I was surprised that it won’t even charge it. I have read on other lists that the original SoundDock have even fried some 3Gs.

Posted by justanag on August 22, 2008 at 12:00 AM (CDT)

I thought this was due in early September…what happened?

Posted by hs on September 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM (CDT)

I keep looking every day on bose.com and nothing. Let’s hope we have it before christmas…

Posted by GuS on September 17, 2008 at 7:07 PM (CDT)

Has anyone purchased the SoundDock II yet? The manual indicates that you can navigate ‘playlists’ with the remote. Does this mean you can navigate the entire menu (Artists, Albums, songs, ect.) or just pre-existing playlists?

Posted by GrizzlyGeek39 on September 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM (CDT)

I just bought this and it works great with both iphone 3g and ipod touch 2g

Posted by Paul on September 22, 2008 at 6:34 AM (CDT)

I bought this and it “works” with my iPhone 3G but does not, repeat NOT, navigate playlists.  If you press the playlist button it just goes to the first song of “all songs” and you can’t get back to a playlist unless you actually touch the iphone to do it.

Posted by Jason on September 24, 2008 at 11:55 AM (CDT)

same here, the playlist function on the bose remote does not work.

Posted by Duy on September 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM (CDT)

I’m disappointed that I have to buy a new dock because my existing Bose unit doesn’t charge my iPhone 3G. This seems a suspect design trade-off for the iPhone 3G considering the problems this creates for the accessory ecosystem.

Now that I’m forced to consider a new unit I find that the playlist functionality is broken and that the unit only comes in gloss black.

I’m sure I’m not the only consumer that needs a dock that’s *white* and where all the key features *work* out of the box.  Is the goal here to annoy customers so much that they regret their Apple and Bose purchases?  If so, then mission accomplished.

The first dock vendor to deliver a fully functional unit that will blend into any environment wins.  Ready?  Set?  Go!

Posted by Brian Murphy on October 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM (CDT)

I’ve been researching this for a while and I haven’t bought it but can anyone answer this question. Does Bose SoundDock Series II charge iPod touch 2nd gen? PLEASE ANSWER!! That’s the only ipod i have and i need to know before I buy it!!!!

Posted by Abbigail Pennington on March 27, 2009 at 6:29 PM (CDT)

Its my first time to buy an external speaker for my Ipod Touch 2nd gen. And i was very satisfied and glad that i bought this speaker (Bose Sound Dock Series II). I tested it last night for the whole night and i can easily choose which song to play and adjustment of volume. the remote is fascinating. And i dont have to worry about the battery life of my Ipod Touch. since the dock is recharging the batteries too. I LOVE IT. Worth all the money i spend for it. Highly recommended.

Posted by Japokskee on November 14, 2009 at 2:30 AM (CST)