BoxWave unveils Keyboard Buddy for iPhone 4 | iLounge News

BoxWave unveils Keyboard Buddy for iPhone 4

image

BoxWave has unveiled its Keyboard Buddy case for the iPhone 4. The Keyboard Buddy is a snap-on case with a slide-out Bluetooth mini-keyboard integrated into the rear of the case. Other features include 45 days of use via the built-in rechargeable battery, open access to all ports, controls, and the cameras, a smooth exterior coating, an on/off switch for the keyboard to conserve power when not in use, and an included USB charging cable. BoxWave’s Keyboard Buddy for the iPhone 4 is available now and sells for $70.

« Apple seeds iOS 4.2.1 GM amid reports of VoIP bug

Magellan RoadMate adds iOS 4 multitasking, traffic info »

Comments

Well, it’s not actually available now. You can order it now, but it’s not available for another month.

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM (CST)

wow, just the facts man, just the facts.  a full review would be nice :)

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM (CST)

This looks like a great add-on. But I can’t understand the fuss about physical keyboards! I used to have Palm Treo’s from work and despite man hands I managed ok with the small keyboards, was then issued an early HTC phone and struggled with the slider keyboard, despite it’s size the Treo was just better. let’s not talk about the last iPaq work issued spongy and unresponsive!

I’ve had my own iPhone for a few years and never had a problem with the virtual keyboard…my work Palm Pre 2 just arrived and unlike the iPaq that got diverted to my iPhone I thought I’d give it a try…WebOS isn’t bad, but using a physical keyboard again was a nightmare! fingers were hitting the wrong keys, needed a fair amount of pressure to register the keystroke too…really couldn’t go back….

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM (CST)

When you switch to landscape mode does this know to minimize the Virtual keyboard?
If not that would be really ugly.

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM (CST)

where I can buy ?

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM (CST)

@Jeff Any bluetooth paired keyboard will cause Virtual Keyboard to hide, so I would hope this is set up so that when keyboard is slid out, bluetooth pairing begins, and when it is slid back, bluetooth pairing turns off.

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM (CST)

A pig on lipstick

Posted by Charles Starrett on November 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM (CST)