Boynq releases iCube speaker and dock system for iPod | iLounge News

Boynq releases iCube speaker and dock system for iPod

imageBoynq has introduced its iCube speaker and dock system for the iPod. The integrated dock is compatible with all dock connecting iPods, and includes four inserts to adapt the fit of the dock to the iPod being used, along with a cover for the top dock connector when the dock is not in use. The system also includes features such as treble and bass controls and a rear dock connector port for charging, as well as audio-in and -out ports. The Boynq iCube speaker and dock system is available now and sells for $69.99.

« SkipJam announces iPod support for iMedia Center

Pod Peel unveils Banano, Oranginal Peels »

Comments

I’ve got the Cube for my PowerBook (3.5mm jack, powered by a USB adapter - also is a 4 port USB hub) and were the sound is a slight improvement over the PB’s speakers its not the greatest quality, nor too loud. For $69.99, you probably could do better…. unless the iCube has seen a drastic re-design..

Posted by Piarco75 on November 22, 2005 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

too bad, it looks kinda cool….

Posted by aaron on November 22, 2005 at 3:35 PM (PDT)

its not the greatest quality

BOINK!  Er, I mean Boynq…

Posted by flatline response on November 22, 2005 at 4:07 PM (PDT)

Cubite vs. iCube

- The speakers have been dramatically improved.
- Volume & Clarity heavily increased due to several amplifier adjustments which are also responsible for a decrease of distortion in the higher volume ranges.
- The Cubite is USB powered (5V/ 500mA) the iCube is AC powered (12V/ 1000mA) which enables the amplifier to perform better.
- The Treble and Bass have an increased range.

In short, where the Cubite provides a useful USB hub and a user-friendly power supply (USB only), the iCube is designed and made for sound quality. The sound has been ‘dramatically’ improved and can not be compared.

Best regards,
boynq development. (http://www.boynq.com)

Posted by boynq on November 23, 2005 at 5:11 AM (PDT)

I can’t find this produce on the boynq website.  I see the press release info, but not the actual product page.  Am I missing something?

Posted by The Dude on November 23, 2005 at 7:45 AM (PDT)

er… product.

Posted by The Dude on November 23, 2005 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

I am not one for the “perched” iPod attachment, but this product does exhibit a well thought-out design. I believe the price point it fair as well. Considering there is soooooo much junk made for the iPod world this product is better than most.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on November 23, 2005 at 11:57 AM (PDT)

Actually, I reviewed boynq website, and I am impressed. I would like to purchase the Cubite as a gift; where can I do so in the U.S.? Thanks.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on November 23, 2005 at 12:05 PM (PDT)

Does this item work as a stand alone speaker for the ipod or does it haev to be plugged into a computer? Also does it work with the Ipod Video?

Posted by milldawg on November 23, 2005 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

The iCube works as a stand alone speaker (12V adapter supplied) for all iPod’s with 30-pin dock connector and it has a line in and line out as well as dock connectivity to the computer via the standard iPod cable.

I bought mine at Target and I love it, especially because of the treble and bass tuning! Good volume an crisp clear. A real bargain. I would advise it to everyone!

Posted by John Smith on November 24, 2005 at 11:13 AM (PDT)

Good sound, trebble and bass switches (perfect range in low and high tones), nice design and better price than JBL and Altec Lansic.

Posted by BV on November 27, 2005 at 6:21 AM (PDT)

The boynq Cubite is available online at Target.com.
The boynq iCube is available at Target Stores.

Posted by Sara on November 30, 2005 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

For more information visit http://www.boynq.com.

Posted by Sara on December 5, 2005 at 2:52 PM (PDT)

I’ve got a “vase” for my ibook, it is great. I wonder if a bit of tweaking of the master volume AND the itunes volume might help with cubite.

Unfortunately can’t find the icube here in canada.

Posted by Barry Goodman on March 23, 2006 at 8:39 PM (PDT)