Brazilian company hides iPod shuffles in popsicles
Brazilian ice cream company Kibon has announced a promotion in which it will give away 10,000 iPod shuffles, hidden away inside “propsicles.” “It works like this: the consumer buys an Fruttare popsicle which comes in 10 different fruit flavors,” Mentor Muniz Neto, creative director for Bullet Brazil, said, “and may find an iPod Shuffle inside the package.” When faced with the challenge of hiding the prizes, the company worked with Apple to design a fake popsicle that looks like the real thing, but safely holds the shuffle inside, even in freezing temperatures. “We developed a special prototype that emulates the real ice cream;” Neto says, “it protects the iPod from humidity, and it feels like the real ice cream. It is virtually impossible to fell the difference without opening the package.” In addition to the shuffle, winning packages also include an 800 number and a code, which can be used to obtain the shuffle’s Dock and manual. Kibon’s “iPod no palito” promotion will start on December 18.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?