Brookstone offers BoomBucket Music System for iPod | iLounge News

Brookstone offers BoomBucket Music System for iPod

image

Brookstone has introduced its BoomBucket Music System for iPod, a weather resistant, bucket-shaped portable speaker system. The BoomBucket features a locking clear cover for the iPod Dock compartment, the ability to charge the iPod while docked, a rechargeable battery, two full-range powered speakers, and an included remote control. The Brookstone BoomBucket Music System for iPod is available now and sells for $150.

« EA releases Sims Pool for 5G iPod

Mix: Apple TV, iPhone apps, Ringtones, USA Today »

Comments

This works well for me, since I only buy products with the word “bucket” in their name.

Posted by ort on July 30, 2007 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

I would like to see iLounge review this product as the weather resistant aspect is appealing.

Posted by blade on July 30, 2007 at 3:00 PM (PDT)

I thought it was a trashcan with speakers at first. Being weather-resistant sounds questionable, too.

Posted by ddsd on July 30, 2007 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

I worked on that image at work. We do a lot of work for Brookstone catalog and web. I had to color correct it and in some cases, I had to put in the iPod. I guess they just forgot to put the iPod in when photographing. I even had to change out the iPod screen with a different image on some shots. I worked on that image earlier in the year.

Posted by jerneedog on July 31, 2007 at 6:51 AM (PDT)

does it make ice?

Posted by hydra-calm on July 31, 2007 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

Is there an ice bucket inside to keep my beer cold?  I’ll need to down quite a few cold ones to get thick enough beer goggles to make this chubby turd look like it was a good purchase

Posted by notdrunkenoughyet on July 31, 2007 at 8:37 PM (PDT)

I just received the boombucket for father’s day, but it doesn’t seem to be compatible with the ipod touch.  The instructions don’t say anything about the touch - has anyone else had experience with this?

Posted by Harry on June 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM (PDT)

where can I find the rechargeable battery for the boombucket.  MD Series 12MD-3.3?

Posted by Boyce Creamer on April 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

You can call BrookStone and they will either replace the battery for free of you can buy one for $15 bucks.

Posted by Chris on May 12, 2009 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

My bucket seems to be charging the buttons on the top aren’t working does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for this?

Posted by karen on June 12, 2009 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

My ipod is stuck in it.  How do I eject it!?!?!

Posted by Jon on July 4, 2009 at 4:57 PM (PDT)

I bought a used Boom Bucket and found it had no battery.  Can anyone tell me what type of battery to buy.  Specs ect.

Posted by Robert on August 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM (PDT)

I am looking to buy another clear plastic lid for my ipod bucket… does anyone sell just the lid. Mine was lost.

Posted by Lori Boyle on September 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know where i can buy the charger for this.  Brookstone no longer sells this item and i’ve lost the power cord.

Posted by laura on October 20, 2011 at 6:57 AM (PDT)

does anyone know where i can get a charger for my boom bucket?

Posted by Rich on January 7, 2012 at 4:41 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know where I can buy another I pod bucket

Posted by Dutch on August 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

Looking for a new remote, can’t find the original.

Posted by jeff on May 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM (PDT)