BTI debuts U-Link, Tunestir 2, and FM Transmitter for nano
In a meeting with iLounge editors this afternoon, Battery Technology Incorporated revealed U-Link, Tunestir 2, and FM Transmitter for iPod nano, a new series of accessories slated to appear over the next month. We apologize for the graininess of the photos below (and larger versions in View Photos), which were snapped during the meeting; higher-quality images are en route.
U-Link is a “versatile adaptor” designed for “connecting old iPod accessories to iPod nano.” Planned for imminent release at a $20 price point, U-Link plugs into a nano’s headphone and Dock Connector ports, and according to the company will enable any top-mounting accessory for 3G, 4G, or mini iPods to work on the nano. BTI claims to have tested numerous accessories with U-Link without incident.
Tunestir 2 is an upgraded version of the company’s $60 all-in-one FM radio tuner, FM transmitter and in-line remote control, currently specifically designed for use with iPod nano. BTI promises that Tunestir 2’s radio quality has been dramatically improved with a new antenna, and its controls have been simplified with two simple switches and a power button. The unit’s industrial design has been changed, as well, with sleeker curves and a glossier finish.
FM Transmitter for iPod nano offers a unique solution to the challenges that have faced nano transmitter developers: it mounts a LCD tuning screen and button controls on the nano’s back, and uses a spine-like design that runs from nano’s bottom to its top. We’re awaiting further details on pricing. Larger pictures are available at View Photos, below.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?