BTI offers exclusive pricing on 70-hour iPod Battery | iLounge News

BTI offers exclusive pricing on 70-hour iPod Battery

pic Battery Technology Incorporated (BTI) is offering iLoungers an exclusive discount on the company’s 70-hour iPod Battery, which was named iLounge’s 2004 Accessory of the Year. Readers can order the battery for $50—half off the current suggested retail price. Designed for the third-generation iPod and iPod mini, BTI’s iPod Battery is rated to provide up to 40 hours of music playtime. In iLounge testing, however, the add-on powered our iPod for 73 hours.

Call 1-800-982-8284 and mention offer IPODB1 or iLounge to receive this special price.

« Bam! Emeril LaGasse to offer iPod software

Mix: ROKR, iPod muggings, 3G mobile ad, iPod map »

Comments

what a sweet deal!!

just another reason to love the ipodlounge smile

Posted by StinkieDMB in Pittsburgh, PA on February 2, 2005 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

Is battery compatable with the 4G? If so, does it charge like the new version or just provide power?

Thanks

Posted by Sts10188 on February 2, 2005 at 8:40 AM (PDT)

When I called the number just now, they said they don’t sell the battery to the general public over the phone.  Get the facts right before you post something.

Posted by moozeekfan on February 2, 2005 at 2:30 PM (PDT)

On behalf of BTI, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication regarding this exclusive offer.

Part of what is great about iPodlounge is the speed with which they often deliver information to their readers.  Unfortunately, we were caught off-guard today when a few of you contacted our offices, only to be met with some resistance about the validity of the offer.  We honestly did not think the offer was going to be posted until later this week.  Rest assured, however, that we have communicated it thoroughly within our company and you should not run into any issues going forward.

Regarding the previous question about compatibility, the IPOD-B01, which is the item that we are offering for only $50 to iPodlounge readers through this exclusive offer, is only compatible with 3rd Generation iPod and iPod Mini models (iPods with dock connectors).  Soon after we released this award-winning product, Apple launched their 4th Generation iPod.  As a result, the detachable cradles that we include with the IPOD-B01 only fit the specific models listed.

For customers with the newer 4th Generation iPod who would like to enjoy over 40 hours on non-stop playtime, we offer the IPOD-B02, which is a “Highly Recommended” product by iPodlounge.  The IPOD-B02 is also a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack that provides over 40 hours of music playtime per charge.  It is compatible with 3rd Generation iPod, 4th Generation iPod, and iPod Mini models.  The IPOD-B02 has a suggested retail price of $99.95 and can be found at CompUSA, MicroCenter, and Fry’s Electronics retail stores in the U.S., as well as most London Drugs locations in Canada.

For any further questions about BTI’s 40 or 70 hour rechargeable iPod batteries or any of our other iPod accessories, please do not hesitate to contact BTI via email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by iPod Guy @ BTI in Industry, CA on February 2, 2005 at 5:08 PM (PDT)

iPod Guy @ BTI-

Are you going to offer a similar promotion on the IPOD-B02?  I don’t really “need” an external battery back, but I’d buy one anyway if it were only $50.  For $99, I’ll pass.

Posted by GadgetGuru72 on February 3, 2005 at 7:29 AM (PDT)

At this time, we are only offering the $50 promotional price on the IPOD-B01 while supplies last.

Posted by iPod Guy @ BTI in Industry, CA on February 3, 2005 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

So this $50 battery won’t work for my special edditon U2 ipod? and I’d have to buy the $100 one?

Posted by Cameo on February 3, 2005 at 3:45 PM (PDT)

The IPOD-B02 is at buy.com for $74.18

Posted by Alexar on February 3, 2005 at 4:22 PM (PDT)

Cameo, that is correct.  The IPOD-B01 is not compatible with 4th Generation iPod models, including the Special Edition U2 iPod.  It is only compatible with 3rd Generation iPod and iPod Mini models.

Posted by iPod Guy @ BTI in Industry, CA on February 4, 2005 at 8:57 AM (PDT)

I called BTI last week and was told that they would take my name and phone number and would call when they were ready to take orders.  Has anyone heard from BTI yet?  I’m hesitant to call and become a pest.  Thanks!

Posted by h potter in Washington, DC on February 12, 2005 at 9:52 AM (PDT)

We apologize for any confusion or miscommunication.  We have been contacting people who had called and left a message about this offer.

In case you have not heard back from anyone in our sales department yet, please contact them again at 800-982-8284 and they will take your order over the phone.  Just mention that you are calling about the iPodlounge or IPOD-B1 promo offer.

If you have any questions or need anything else, please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks!
iPodGuyAtBTI

Posted by iPod Guy @ BTI in Industry, CA on February 16, 2005 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

iPodGuyAtBTI, I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and your company just from reading the correspondence on these posts.  More companies could learn from your business model and approaches to customer service.

Posted by Buttercup on February 17, 2005 at 10:22 AM (PDT)

i bought one of these when they first came out for my old 30gb 3g ipod. i was disappointed that the faceplate always seem to be a little loose, and it scratched the face of my ipod. the on/off button broke on my after using it only a couple of times. i was pleased with the customer service i received and them offering me a refund, but the product just wasn’t that great.

Posted by mdwsta4 on February 17, 2005 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

got any plans for a shuffle battery pack?  $30(apple) is pretty rediculous for a AAA holder.

Posted by zip22 on February 17, 2005 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

zip22-

We are in the process of completing and launching several new iPod accessories over the next 1-2 months, including some for the iPod Shuffle.

At this time, I apologize for not being able to give you anything more specific.  But stay tuned to iPodlounge because they will surely be the first site to review, comment, and (hopefully!) recommend them.

Thanks!
iPodGuyAtBTI

Posted by iPod Guy @ BTI in Industry, CA on February 17, 2005 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

I got mine last week and I like it.  It beats my belkin battery pack.  I have a 3rd gen and a mini so I am set.  For $50, it is a bargain!

Posted by lightseeker in Mariposa, Fresno, Saugus CA on February 17, 2005 at 10:14 PM (PDT)

$50 is an excellent price!

Posted by petro on February 20, 2005 at 6:08 AM (PDT)

I recieved this battery for my 3g 20gb, for my birthday last summer and I still use it very frequently and I absolutely love it. It is incredibly heavy (for portability) so if you plan on using it, then plan to sit still with it like on a plane or at home on your desk.

Posted by AmericanMoose on March 19, 2005 at 11:19 AM (PDT)

How many charges can this thing go before we have to buy a new one?

Posted by Rottweiler on March 30, 2005 at 6:34 PM (PDT)