Burton Amp Pack now at Apple Store online | iLounge News

Burton Amp Pack now at Apple Store online

A reader has informed us that the Apple Store online is now selling the Burton Amp Pack for $199. “Introducing the first backpack in the world that not only carries your iPod but controls it too. The Burton Amp Pack integrates an iPod control system using SOFTswitch technology, which allows the iPod to be controlled through a soft, flexible control pad built into the pack’s shoulder strap. Constructed with super durable ballistic nylon, the Amp Pack features a secure iPod storage pocket, a headphone port located on the shoulder strap, an easy-access side entry laptop compartment and padded ergonomic shoulder straps for ultimate comfort. Whether you’re running to catch a flight, riding the subway or lugging your stuff into the lodge, the Amp Pack makes it super simple to flip through your downloaded music library.”

« The digital audio format war - who will win?

Crutchfield’s how to connect an iPod in your car »

Comments

Great Scott! $199?!
Hmm…backpack ave. $25-59
iPod remote and wiring…$50 or so.
Ah, yes…the name “Burton”...$100.
Makes sense now.

Posted by gbpod on February 3, 2004 at 1:18 PM (PDT)

Great Scott! $199?!
Hmm…backpack ave. $25-59
iPod remote and wiring…$50 or so.
Ah, yes…the name “Burton”...$100.
Makes sense now.

Posted by gbpod on February 3, 2004 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

oops

oops

Posted by gbpod on February 3, 2004 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

Hmmm…$199 backpack vs. $30 carrying case with belt clip…

Posted by Ryan on February 3, 2004 at 1:40 PM (PDT)

I also saw the Amp Pack selling at my local Apple Store for the same price.

Posted by paboy on February 3, 2004 at 2:03 PM (PDT)

FINALLY!!

I can finally put that big clunky piece of machinery known as my ipod out of the way!

Oh wait, what’s this?  A pocket?  in my coat?  And it’s free????  NO WAY!!!

/saves 199 dollars.

Posted by dave on February 3, 2004 at 2:16 PM (PDT)

I think it’s a cool concept, but not worth $200 even if it is Burton (which I don’t immediately associate with high quality and high style).

And I think the backpack’s ugly.

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on February 3, 2004 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

Ok… well *I’d* love to have one.

...but yeah, I wouldn’t pay $200.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on February 4, 2004 at 4:10 AM (PDT)

Don’t worry, they will be blowing them out for fifty bucks in the fullness of time…

Posted by Pete LaV on February 4, 2004 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

Don’t expect discounts. From what I heard it was a limited production run and Apple is almost out of product.  Evidently $199 doesn’t bother everyone.  I saw it ina an Apple store… very cool.

Posted by Spud on February 4, 2004 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

HOW MUCH?!!? How about iPod secreted comfortably in undies, wires trailed up under string vest, out from beneath tartan scarf and secured to ears under flat cap. Sorted. Might impress the girls too…!

Posted by Pedlop in Blighty on February 4, 2004 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

I want to get one $199 is not all that bad

Posted by ian on February 4, 2004 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

Haha l like the details “Supports ALL ipods….. with dock connector” theres only one ipod with the dock connector. Gen 1 and 2 miss out again :(

Posted by Phatbloke on February 4, 2004 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

You think $199 is bad, look on E-Bay, there are some suckers bidding the Burton Amp pack up to around $300 bucks or more.

Someone let them that they can just order from the Apple store at retail.  I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and used it snowboarding/travelling last week, it’s a nice pack and the soft controls work like a champ.  It carries well even fully stuffed, though it could use some compression straps (they left them off probably to keep the look clean, I’ll probably get some sewn on myself later) it actually compresses nicely when empty and stays compressed due to it’s design.  The side access laptop compartment is quite convienient and provides excellent protection but it holds a 12-14” iBook a bit better than my 15” TiBook (due to the iPod compartment encroaching on the upper part of the space).  The floor of the laptop has a nifty sling/shock absorber arrangement via a floating neoprene floor that is quite well thought out.

I admit it’s a pricy impulse buy, but I like it alot.

DaveC

Posted by DaveC on February 5, 2004 at 3:54 AM (PDT)

is this available for anyone outside of america??  i can’t purchase from the U.S apple store!!

and if you don’t like the price,don;t buy, ######## and moaning and gunna do squat mate!!

Posted by me on February 5, 2004 at 12:12 PM (PDT)