Burton Announces Amp Pack and New Jackets
Burton has released the rumored Amp Pack backpack and three new jackets for use with iPod. The Amp Pack, Ronin and Shield men’s jackets, and the Radar 2 women’s jacket all use “SOFTswitch technology, which allows the iPod to be controlled through a soft, flexible control pad” (located on the shoulder strap on Amp Pack and on the sleeve for jackets). The new iPod line of Burton products are available in very limited quantities in November 2003 at Burton’s new online store, Apple Store online, and authorized dealers in North America, Europe and Japan. No pricing information has yet been announced. The Burton and Apple websites have not yet been updated with the new Burton products.
Burlington, VT-Following the successful launch of the limited edition Burton Amp jacket at the 2003 Macworld Expo, Burton Snowboards introduces a new line of Apple® iPod(tm) compatible gear, including the Burton Amp Pack, the world’s first backpack with an integrated iPod control system and the Radar 2 Layer iPod Jacket, the first women’s snowboard jacket with iPod control capabilities. Two new men’s jackets, the Ronin 2 Layer iPod Jacket and the Burton Shield iPod Jacket are also part of the new collection.
Wearable electronics are the next revolution in the textile and electronics industry, and Burton is leading the way by offering a breakthrough backpack and jackets with built-in iPod controls. All of the new Burton iPod gear is compatible with the latest generation of iPods, Apple’s popular portable digital music player that holds up to 10,000 songs.
The new Amp Pack makes it easy for people on the move like Burton Global Team rider Keir Dillon to control their music without the hassle of removing the pack. “Music is a huge part of my life - when I’m on the road, riding or just hanging out,” says Keir. “The Amp Pack is great because I don’t have to mess with wires or dig through my bag or pockets to adjust my iPod. Plus the style of the bag is clean and dialed.”
“Whether at the beach, on campus or on the mountain, active iPod users can have control of up to 10,000 songs right from the Amp Pack,” says Stan Ng, iPod Product Line Manager. “The Amp Pack is one of the coolest accessories we’ve seen for the iPod and really brings a new meaning to on-the-go listening.”
The Burton Amp Pack integrates an iPod control system using SOFTswitch(tm) technology, which allows the iPod to be controlled through a soft, flexible control pad built into the pack’s shoulder strap. Constructed with super durable ballistic nylon, the Amp Pack features a secure iPod storage pocket, a headphone port located on the shoulder strap, an easy-access side entry laptop compartment and padded ergonomic shoulder straps for ultimate comfort.
Three new jackets in the Burton line, the Ronin 2 Layer iPod Jacket, the Radar 2 Layer iPod Jacket and the Burton Shield iPod Jacket, also utilize SOFTswitch(tm) technology to incorporate an iPod control system. Featuring progressive styling from the Ronin, Radar and Burton outerwear lines, the jackets have an updated, flexible control pad located on the sleeve to control the iPod. The iPod itself is stored safely in a specially designed, EVA padded chest pocket. The Ronin 2 Layer, Radar 2 Layer and Burton Shield Jackets are constructed with highly breathable, two-layer waterproof fabric and are machine washable when the iPod interface module is removed.
Available only in very limited quantities in November, 2003, the entire Burton iPod line will be on sale to US customers at Burton’s new online store at www.burton.com Select Burton Authorized Dealers in North America, Europe and Japan will also carry the new Burton iPod line. Visit www.burton.com to find a Burton dealer near you. The Burton Amp Pack will also be available at www.apple.com The iPod is sold separately.
Consumers can learn more about Burton Snowboards by calling Burton Rider Service:
Burton Snowboards, the world’s first snowboard factory, is a pure snowboard company solely dedicated to creating and perfecting a full-range of the best snowboarding products on the planet. Led by founder and owner Jake Burton, widely considered the pioneer of snowboarding, Burton’s passion is snowboarding - evident by their overriding mission to open snowboarding at every mountain resort. Celebrating 25 years in 2002, Burton has fueled the growth of snowboarding worldwide through continuous work with, and support of, their Global Team riders and development of successful programs such as Learn-To-Ride (LTR), The Chill Foundation, and the US Open Snowboarding Championships. Headquartered in Burlington, Vermont with international offices in Innsbruck, Austria and Tokyo, Japan, Burton, the industry leader, is the brand of choice for millions around the world.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks