Burton Announces Amp Pack and New Jackets
Burton has released the rumored Amp Pack backpack and three new jackets for use with iPod. The Amp Pack, Ronin and Shield men’s jackets, and the Radar 2 women’s jacket all use “SOFTswitch technology, which allows the iPod to be controlled through a soft, flexible control pad” (located on the shoulder strap on Amp Pack and on the sleeve for jackets). The new iPod line of Burton products are available in very limited quantities in November 2003 at Burton’s new online store, Apple Store online, and authorized dealers in North America, Europe and Japan. No pricing information has yet been announced. The Burton and Apple websites have not yet been updated with the new Burton products.
Burlington, VT-Following the successful launch of the limited edition Burton Amp jacket at the 2003 Macworld Expo, Burton Snowboards introduces a new line of Apple« iPod(tm) compatible gear, including the Burton Amp Pack, the world’s first backpack with an integrated iPod control system and the Radar 2 Layer iPod Jacket, the first women’s snowboard jacket with iPod control capabilities. Two new men’s jackets, the Ronin 2 Layer iPod Jacket and the Burton Shield iPod Jacket are also part of the new collection.
Wearable electronics are the next revolution in the textile and electronics industry, and Burton is leading the way by offering a breakthrough backpack and jackets with built-in iPod controls. All of the new Burton iPod gear is compatible with the latest generation of iPods, Apple’s popular portable digital music player that holds up to 10,000 songs.
The new Amp Pack makes it easy for people on the move like Burton Global Team rider Keir Dillon to control their music without the hassle of removing the pack. “Music is a huge part of my life - when I’m on the road, riding or just hanging out,” says Keir. “The Amp Pack is great because I don’t have to mess with wires or dig through my bag or pockets to adjust my iPod. Plus the style of the bag is clean and dialed.”
“Whether at the beach, on campus or on the mountain, active iPod users can have control of up to 10,000 songs right from the Amp Pack,” says Stan Ng, iPod Product Line Manager. “The Amp Pack is one of the coolest accessories we’ve seen for the iPod and really brings a new meaning to on-the-go listening.”
The Burton Amp Pack integrates an iPod control system using SOFTswitch(tm) technology, which allows the iPod to be controlled through a soft, flexible control pad built into the pack’s shoulder strap. Constructed with super durable ballistic nylon, the Amp Pack features a secure iPod storage pocket, a headphone port located on the shoulder strap, an easy-access side entry laptop compartment and padded ergonomic shoulder straps for ultimate comfort.
Three new jackets in the Burton line, the Ronin 2 Layer iPod Jacket, the Radar 2 Layer iPod Jacket and the Burton Shield iPod Jacket, also utilize SOFTswitch(tm) technology to incorporate an iPod control system. Featuring progressive styling from the Ronin, Radar and Burton outerwear lines, the jackets have an updated, flexible control pad located on the sleeve to control the iPod. The iPod itself is stored safely in a specially designed, EVA padded chest pocket. The Ronin 2 Layer, Radar 2 Layer and Burton Shield Jackets are constructed with highly breathable, two-layer waterproof fabric and are machine washable when the iPod interface module is removed.
Available only in very limited quantities in November, 2003, the entire Burton iPod line will be on sale to US customers at Burton’s new online store at www.burton.com Select Burton Authorized Dealers in North America, Europe and Japan will also carry the new Burton iPod line. Visit www.burton.com to find a Burton dealer near you. The Burton Amp Pack will also be available at www.apple.com The iPod is sold separately.
Consumers can learn more about Burton Snowboards by calling Burton Rider Service:
Burton Snowboards, the world’s first snowboard factory, is a pure snowboard company solely dedicated to creating and perfecting a full-range of the best snowboarding products on the planet. Led by founder and owner Jake Burton, widely considered the pioneer of snowboarding, Burton’s passion is snowboarding - evident by their overriding mission to open snowboarding at every mountain resort. Celebrating 25 years in 2002, Burton has fueled the growth of snowboarding worldwide through continuous work with, and support of, their Global Team riders and development of successful programs such as Learn-To-Ride (LTR), The Chill Foundation, and the US Open Snowboarding Championships. Headquartered in Burlington, Vermont with international offices in Innsbruck, Austria and Tokyo, Japan, Burton, the industry leader, is the brand of choice for millions around the world.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone