Bush shows off presidential iPod | iLounge News

Bush shows off presidential iPod

imageIt was already known that U.S. President George W. Bush is an avid iPod user, but now a video has been posted by Sky News that shows a candid portion of a recent interview in which Bush discusses the iPod.

Reading from his fourth-generation iPod, Bush says artists include: The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Alan Jackson, Alison Krauss, The Angels, The Archies, Aretha Franklin, and Dwight Yoakam. He is corrected when he calls Don Mclean, known for the classic song “American Pie,” Dan McLean.

The president noted that U2’s Bono came to the White House and showed off the latest iPod. Bush said that his iPod “was a clunker” compared to the new model, referring to either the fifth-generation iPod or iPod nano. In addition, Bush said he also owns an iPod shuffle. “Pretty high tech stuff,” Bush said overall.

This item closed to comments

« iShok cases for 4G iPods announced

Wurlitzer offers iPod-compatible jukebox »

Comments

“G Dub with the iPod on the Internets.”

Throw some Deborah Cox on there.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on December 16, 2005 at 9:12 AM (PDT)

I don’t agree with his politics, but the man does have some pretty good taste…

Posted by Dan on December 16, 2005 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

This guy is a walking punchline

Posted by writeous on December 16, 2005 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

President Bush is a freakin’ GENIUS; I can see why he out scored Kerry on the SAT’s.

President Bush is the MAN!

Posted by Richard on December 16, 2005 at 9:33 AM (PDT)

i hope u r joking

Posted by khyberny on December 16, 2005 at 9:41 AM (PDT)

Didn’t Bush admit that he had pirated music on his iPod in one of these interviews? Something about how he put a bunch of his friends music on there?

Hilarious.

Posted by ort on December 16, 2005 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

ROCK BUSH ROCK

ROCKIN

XD :D

Posted by just jack on December 16, 2005 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

Wow. An endorsement from the President of the United States of America. Those other DAP players have no hope of catching up with the iPod’s success anytime soon!

Posted by ahMEMmon on December 16, 2005 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

Murder with an iPod - its so sad… KILL BUSH AND LET FREEDOM RULE AGAIN !

Posted by Me on December 16, 2005 at 11:09 AM (PDT)

A sale is a sale, I guess

Posted by iPodG5 on December 16, 2005 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

I wonder if Bush got Don McLean from a P2P program since a lot of “shared” music is mislabeled.

Fishes,
narco.

Posted by narco on December 16, 2005 at 11:31 AM (PDT)

Wow ‘me’ you are quite the adult in your post. I hope you know you just broke Federal law.  On second though, I just did a screen capture and will be alerting the authorities following this posting. I hope the Secret Service will be giving you a call soon.

Posted by Richard on December 16, 2005 at 11:44 AM (PDT)

Um, last I checked, it’s not against the law to wish death on a political person. Actually conspiring to do so or going so far as to try and do so, sure, it’s against the law. But simply saying that so and so should die is protected speech. We live in America, got it?

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on December 16, 2005 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

Richard, i’m lucky. I live in a country where they dont kill people for oil, and dont torture people- actually we dont even have a baboon for president. visit me, its cool. really smile

Posted by me on December 16, 2005 at 12:11 PM (PDT)

funny, so do I!  And I’m from the United States.

Posted by jarofchris on December 16, 2005 at 12:25 PM (PDT)

Code Monkey – It might me just me, but I check things called laws, you might have heard of them. Specifically, I suggest you look into something called US Code. Specially,  Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 41 § 871. I think what was posted was a threat, but then again its not my call, all I can do is to alert the authorities and let then look at it in the context of the law.

BTW, this is what it states…

a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(b) The terms “President-elect? and “Vice President-elect? as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President? as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 19 and 20.

Posted by Richard on December 16, 2005 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

One: “me,” the Secret Service has the full right to investigate you for saying that on the board.
Two: “jarofchris” I don’t know if you’ve seen the pictures from Abu Grahib or heard anything about Bush’s fight for us to keep torturing people, but we DO live in a country that tortures people. Whether we really killed people for oil or Bush actually believes he was liberating Iraqis, we’ll never know, but I tend to believe the former.

Posted by Mark on December 16, 2005 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

me - You are an idiot.

Posted by Jegero on December 16, 2005 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

i mean really, what country does not/ has not torture(d) people?

Posted by dustin on December 16, 2005 at 12:34 PM (PDT)

Let me ask you this…
How did those elections go yesterday?  How many people showed up again, despite the usual mortar shells in the air? *cough* 11 million *cough*

Posted by iPodder on December 16, 2005 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >