Bush shows off presidential iPod | iLounge News

Bush shows off presidential iPod

imageIt was already known that U.S. President George W. Bush is an avid iPod user, but now a video has been posted by Sky News that shows a candid portion of a recent interview in which Bush discusses the iPod.

Reading from his fourth-generation iPod, Bush says artists include: The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Alan Jackson, Alison Krauss, The Angels, The Archies, Aretha Franklin, and Dwight Yoakam. He is corrected when he calls Don Mclean, known for the classic song “American Pie,” Dan McLean.

The president noted that U2’s Bono came to the White House and showed off the latest iPod. Bush said that his iPod “was a clunker” compared to the new model, referring to either the fifth-generation iPod or iPod nano. In addition, Bush said he also owns an iPod shuffle. “Pretty high tech stuff,” Bush said overall.

This item closed to comments

« iShok cases for 4G iPods announced

Wurlitzer offers iPod-compatible jukebox »

Comments

Well, regardless of one’s politics, it is pretty cool that President Bush uses an iPod, most likely during one of his famous workouts.  The man is an inspiration.

Posted by Obadiah on December 16, 2005 at 3:54 PM (CST)

I think I’ll sell my video for Creatiive now.  I love how he has all the time to workout and be in the best physical shape while American die.

Hey if you wanna support the war, then send your daughters and sons in you douch.

Posted by Fuck BUSH on December 16, 2005 at 4:06 PM (CST)

I will just say that Bush is an idiot and one of the biggest I have seen thus far. He is more of a clown than the President of the greatest nation on earth. And apparently restrictions apply to Freedom of Speech. That is just stupid isn’t America supposed to be a symbol of freedom? The Bush administration has taken it upon themselves to be the worlds government and police. Retarded.

Posted by crazy on December 16, 2005 at 4:14 PM (CST)

me,
Why do people pick on you?  Do they have no sense of humor?  I will say, it’s hard to dislike the pres while he’s waxing on about his iPod.  Kind makes me feel creepy.

Posted by MeToo on December 16, 2005 at 4:21 PM (CST)

What’s a “douch?”

Posted by apetaster on December 16, 2005 at 4:22 PM (CST)

ok richard lets be serious, the secet service will not interogate everyone that threatens the presidents life.  i laugh just thinking about how hard the “authorities” will laugh when contact them about something that someone posted on a forum.  i also think it’s funny that ilounge has not deleted me’s comment about killing the president, how much do you think the police or better yet the secret service will care.  wake up you sheltered conservative loser.  i wish i lived in me’s country where hopefully a monkey doesnt lead the people.

Posted by me3 on December 16, 2005 at 5:12 PM (CST)

I love iLounge’s little hint of liberal bias.

“...Alan Jackson, Alison Krauss, The Angels, The Archies, Aretha Franklin, and Dwight Yoakam. He is corrected when he calls Don Mclean, known for the classic song “American Pie,

Posted by Moosey on December 16, 2005 at 6:04 PM (CST)

WHAT ABOUT FUCKING JACK HE ROCKS 2

FUCK U BUSH

YA C**T

Posted by just jack on December 16, 2005 at 6:33 PM (CST)

holy shi* why is this even news?

Posted by aaron on December 16, 2005 at 7:39 PM (CST)

Hey W you are one cool cat. As for “ME” whi write “Richard, i’m lucky. I live in a country where they dont kill people for oil, and dont torture people- actually we dont even have a baboon for president. visit me, its cool.”
By me

STAY IN YOUR COUNTRY AND KEEP BUYING AMERICAN

Posted by Dave on December 16, 2005 at 8:36 PM (CST)

Wtevr, Dave. Say that when your country runs out of fresh water and starts eyeing the Great North.

Posted by Lily on December 16, 2005 at 10:22 PM (CST)

“We reserve the right to delete and/or ban comments containing advertising, personal attacks, or other objectionable content.”

I noticed several of the above comments would fit this description and should be removed.

Posted by ucfgrad93 on December 16, 2005 at 10:41 PM (CST)

Interesting. This is a news item about Bush having an iPod and it is used for pro and anti american propaganda. You do realize that you all act like people whose opinion no one cares about in real life, right? No one really cares about how you feel about anything since you are just someone in a mass of millions. You are unimportant - simple as that. Then again, I should not have written this reply. Whatever.

Just stay on the topic. What The President has on his music player is no question of political debate but rather of taste.

Posted by irulan on December 17, 2005 at 2:20 AM (CST)

Whammo!!! his approval rating just whent up 10 points!!! ;)

Posted by Jonathan on December 17, 2005 at 2:34 AM (CST)

To hell with you effete liberal whiny babies and you uptight neo-conservative bastards! Take your politics elsewhere.

The real story - everybody loves the Nano and the new thinner generation iPods. Maybe it’s time I bought my father an iPod.

Posted by Mindflayer on December 17, 2005 at 4:40 AM (CST)

Great, now I’m going to have to delete all my Beatles songs from my iPod.  Though maybe if someone loaded his iPod with John Lennon songs it’d do the world some good.

Posted by Fenn on December 17, 2005 at 6:13 AM (CST)

yes yes yes… but here’s the real question: is his iPod “Nucular”?

;-)

Posted by JohnRoche on December 17, 2005 at 9:16 AM (CST)

“Murder with an iPod - its so sad… KILL BUSH AND LET FREEDOM RULE AGAIN !”

Freedom, I suppose, for the many hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Kurds who were murdered by one of the most brutal tyrants in history? Freedom for the millions more who waited in terror for the knock on the door by the secret police?

You are so reminiscent of the nations of the world who refused to fight the Nazis in the 1930’s, until it was almost too late, in the name of freedom. You people are not against war but for terror.

Yes, you talk about freedom, but, in reality, what you are all about is total cowardice (the kind of cowardice that allows you to call for the murder of a man while you cower in safety behind your computer screen).

Posted by Joshua on December 17, 2005 at 10:44 AM (CST)

“Though maybe if someone loaded his iPod with John Lennon songs it’d do the world some good.”

John Lennon??? LOL. The ruthless billionaire with a heart. Ha ha ha.

I suppose, for the naive of the world, he just might be a hero.

Posted by Joshua on December 17, 2005 at 10:46 AM (CST)

“Richard, i’m lucky. I live in a country where they dont kill people for oil, and dont torture people- actually we dont even have a baboon for president.”

That must make you a citizen of the United States. You really are very lucky.

Posted by Joshua on December 17, 2005 at 10:50 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >