Buy a U.S. iPod mini and get it shipped international | iLounge News

Buy a U.S. iPod mini and get it shipped international

AmericanGoodies.com is a buying service in which foreign customers can purchase American goods and have it shipped to them. They have recently listed the iPod mini for purchase and shipping. If you are in the UK or elsewhere you can purchase the iPod mini for $249 + $35 shipping. American Goodies also charges a $30 shopping assistance fee and 8% of the total amount they spend on your behalf. You can purchase the iPod mini from a U.S. retailer and have it shipped to American Goodies on your behalf and they will ship it on to you for a fee. Check the website for details and pricing.

« Windows: K-pod 0.95 (sync email to iPod) released

UK gets ready for iPod mini »

Comments

So let me get this straight. I can get an iPod Mini now for $249 + $35 +$30 +$20 (8% of $249) = $334, or I can wait until April and get it for $249. Or I can get a 15GB iPod right now for $299. Geez. What a difficult decision.

Posted by tonton on March 3, 2004 at 1:54 AM (CST)

Thats still cheaper than the proposed UK price with the good exchange rate approx

Posted by deggy on March 3, 2004 at 5:06 AM (CST)

I certainly suggest it. It saved me in total about 70 pounds even with delivery ......dont let the threats of import duty get to you….its highly unlikely in any case

Posted by PodNax on March 3, 2004 at 9:57 AM (CST)

One important thing which should be noted is WARRANTY! If you buy a product from the US and you are in say…Australia…the warranty for that product is not valid anywhere but the US. If something goes wrong, then you are basically screwed.
You’re better off waiting. The wait should be worth it for the warranty alone. I would feel a lot better after paying a lot of money knowing that if something was wrong with it it could be fixed without any major problems.

Posted by dottz on March 8, 2004 at 5:58 AM (CST)

My Mini Ipod keeps freezing, and I have to wait until the battery runs out to do it again. As i bought in the States but I live in the UK I partly screwed, any ideas?

Posted by Roberto on March 8, 2004 at 8:54 AM (CST)

I’d call Apple and ask. The only way around it could be to buy the Apple Care Protection Plan for iPod. Again, you would be better off talking to the warranty dept. at Apple. They might be able to work something out. Failing that, I guess the only other thing you could do is send it back to the US.

Posted by dottz on March 8, 2004 at 3:49 PM (CST)

Warranties are Global for the mini’s!!

Posted by lustre on April 10, 2004 at 1:14 PM (CDT)