Buyers’ Guide Sneak Peeks: V-Moda Crossfade headphones, more
Alongside the previously mentioned JBL Creature III speakers and other accessories, another major product debuting in our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is V-Moda’s new Crossfade headphones. Designed and aimed to compete with Monster’s Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, the Crossfades will be available in both Over- and On-Ear versions, with 50mm drivers in one and 40mm drivers in the other. Other features will include an included carrying case, swappable cables, and four available colors. Expect the Crossfades in December with a price tag of $200.
IvySkin is showing off its upcoming SmartCase for the iPhone 3G/3GS in the Sneak Peeks section; the Quattro-T4-based case will offer a 1500mAh battery on the rear, along with power indicator lights, a USB port to allow for charging of both the iPhone and SmartCase at the same time, and a button to switch the port into an iPhone sync mode. Expect it later this month for $80; the company is also working on a similar KeyPal case, which will add a hardware keyboard to the iPhone 3G/3GS as opposed to a battery. Finally, Griffin is debuting its Travel Stand for iPhone + iPod, a folding, portable video stand featuring an included cord manager and a flip-up video stand compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch, or fourth- or fifth-generation iPod nano; expect it in Wal-Mart stores for $15 later this month. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?