Buyers’ Guide Sneak Peeks: V-Moda Crossfade headphones, more
Alongside the previously mentioned JBL Creature III speakers and other accessories, another major product debuting in our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is V-Moda’s new Crossfade headphones. Designed and aimed to compete with Monster’s Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, the Crossfades will be available in both Over- and On-Ear versions, with 50mm drivers in one and 40mm drivers in the other. Other features will include an included carrying case, swappable cables, and four available colors. Expect the Crossfades in December with a price tag of $200.
IvySkin is showing off its upcoming SmartCase for the iPhone 3G/3GS in the Sneak Peeks section; the Quattro-T4-based case will offer a 1500mAh battery on the rear, along with power indicator lights, a USB port to allow for charging of both the iPhone and SmartCase at the same time, and a button to switch the port into an iPhone sync mode. Expect it later this month for $80; the company is also working on a similar KeyPal case, which will add a hardware keyboard to the iPhone 3G/3GS as opposed to a battery. Finally, Griffin is debuting its Travel Stand for iPhone + iPod, a folding, portable video stand featuring an included cord manager and a flip-up video stand compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch, or fourth- or fifth-generation iPod nano; expect it in Wal-Mart stores for $15 later this month. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?