Carbon fiber iPod nano case introduced | iLounge News

Carbon fiber iPod nano case introduced

imageC6 Manufacturing has introduced a carbon fiber iPod nano case. The $40 case features genuine aerospace carbon fiber construction, a clear screen protector and a stainless steel belt clip. “As a designer for professional motorsports teams (Indy car, NASCAR) I have been using advanced materials such as titanium and carbon fiber all my career,” C6’s Jason Anderson told iLounge. “When I purchased a nano and could not find a decent case for it, I decided to create my own. After it was completed everyone who saw it wanted one (even people who hadn’t purchased a nano yet) so I decided to start selling them.”

« Mix: iPodMyBaby, Hewlett-Packard, eMusic, ‘Da Vinci Code’

Apple sold out of 1GB iPod shuffle until January »

Comments

I wouldn’t mind seeing a review on that. But i’m very dissapointed that all four sides are completely showing

Posted by Jonathan Keim on December 19, 2005 at 7:36 AM (PDT)

If I had a nano, I would buy this case. Any chance it might show up for the video iPod? If so, I’m on it!

Posted by Tenchi211 in California on December 19, 2005 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

Wow. Cases come and go, but this case is really cool.  Need one for the video iPod!

Posted by Obadiah on December 19, 2005 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

Let’s see…

1. Every single side of the iPod is totally exposed.

2. The back has a cutout to show the iPod logo on the metal, but the clip looks to rub right against the back if you aren’t using it.

No thanks. The carbon look is good, the protection is non existant.

Posted by canyonblue737 on December 19, 2005 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

The manly-man’s nano case. (Do I hear grunting?) Not bad in its concept of “use it or lose it” thinking. It does look nice, and I like the four corner fasteners further adding to the industrial look. As far as protection, the concerns above are valid, but I don’t think this is what this case is about.

A welcome change in the iPond of silicone iProphylactics.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on December 19, 2005 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

FINALLY a carbon fiber case…took long enough for one to show up.  Ricers rejoice!

But what’s up with that weave they used? Unique, but doesn’t match any of the CF dash kits I’ve seen on the market.

Okay…carbon fiber’s done. Now when does the Kevlar case show up?

Posted by flatline response on December 19, 2005 at 11:15 AM (PDT)

Here here FahrenheiPod, the point is artistic with a little function!

I personally like it for the artistic.  Very nice!

Posted by ZZrogue on December 19, 2005 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

Excellent looks, very little protection. Perfect cosmetic mod. If you get over the urge to keep your iPod in like-new condition, which is not going to happen anyway, this actually becomes very compelling. And I don’t even have a nano *g*

Posted by Bad Beaver on December 19, 2005 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

i would definitely rather have this sitting on my desk, instead of the iWood.

Posted by dustin on December 19, 2005 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

nice!

Posted by aaron Spencer on December 19, 2005 at 8:35 PM (PDT)

i just ordered online. Strange, i thought the site was payPal-only….i was given a pay by creditcard option on checkout, and i did.

I cant wait. Now all i need is a nano, hahahh. Im a sukka for Carbon-Fiber.

Posted by neotrooper in tokyo on December 20, 2005 at 3:57 AM (PDT)

At first glance it doesn’t look like a good design. Wouldn’t it scratch the side front and back of the Nano? I have the Nano and i think the flip case doe the job just fine.

Posted by Nathan Hill on December 20, 2005 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

This case is PERFECT in every way.  I want it NOW!!!!!

Posted by Rob on December 20, 2005 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

Unless your headphone jack is tiny, looks like it may be blocked by one of its corner screws…

Posted by justin on December 20, 2005 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

Wow.

I hope they make others for other sizes other than Nano!!!!

Posted by Chris on December 21, 2005 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

This is the most innovative case I’ve ever seen. Who the hell needs to protect the “sides” of their Nano, the thing is so thin. I would be more concerned with putting the thing through the washing machine or having crappy music on it. The hole in the back allows for a lower profile on the belt clip, genius. I think a design like this would be too bulky for a video iPod, but for this, definitely the best looking case on the market.

Posted by HornyRaccoon on December 27, 2005 at 10:05 AM (PDT)

This case is awesome. I purchased the case and have people wanting to buy it everywhere I go. The way the screws are oriented prevent the sides from being touched if you were to drop your nano. Any headphones fit right into the jack, plenty of clearance from the side screws. Can’t wait for more of c6mfg innovative designs.

Posted by lil' wayne on December 30, 2005 at 2:41 PM (PDT)