Case-ari intros leather cases for 5G iPod, nano | iLounge News

Case-ari intros leather cases for 5G iPod, nano

imageCase-ari recently introduced a line of form-fitting leather cases for the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano. The cases, which resemble Vaja’s iVod, offer a Nappa leather exterior, impact resistant plastic shell, felt lining, and a screen protector and removable belt clip. The cases also provide access to all controls and ports. The 5G and nano cases come in a dozen different colors—red, black, yellow, orange, light blue, tan, pink, brown, blue, grey, purple, and white. The 5G Case-ari leather case sells for $30, while the nano version is priced at $25. They can be purchased here.

Editor’s Note 1-30-2006: Kesari/Case-Ari has rebranded their company and products, and is now known as Case-Mate.

« NBC exec: Expect more shows on iTunes soon

Etymotic announces black 6i earphones »

Comments

Wow. If i would want leather I’ll get that. It comes with all of these optional accessories for free that vaja requires $40 for. Plus it’s only $25 instead of the $50 starting price of vaja.
Sure it isn’t going to be “as good” but considering $90 or $25 I’ll go with 25

Posted by Jonathan Keim on December 7, 2005 at 9:56 AM (PDT)

Are these available now?  Where can these be purchased? I was about to enter the 20 day waiting cue for Vaja.  If this will be available in that window I am willing to take the plunge.

Posted by aadadams on December 7, 2005 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

It looks great! the Vaja case probably is better built, but if this case’s holes fit well enough around the screen and the wheel then why even get the Vaja if only for the customization. I hope iLounge will do an all out leather review when enough cases are out for the 5g.

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on December 7, 2005 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

I visited the Case-ari web site, and - while nicely laid out - I couldn’t find anything about where or how to order one, nor were prices listed anywhere.

Posted by zyzyzyzyzyzyx on December 7, 2005 at 10:29 AM (PDT)

I sent my email to customer service… wink

Posted by Mathew Pint on December 7, 2005 at 12:48 PM (PDT)

Gee. I sent mine to RICHARD JONES!!!!
The Man!!!
He Responded kindly asking if I would like a 30 gb size or a 60 gb size.
This company ROCKS my iPod.

Posted by Jim meyer on December 7, 2005 at 1:57 PM (PDT)

OH man, now i’m getting all nervous. What if he doens’t like me and thats why I haven’t gotten a personal response yet?? :::biting nails:::

Posted by Ness on December 7, 2005 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

I sent mine to cust service. I had comments, but also a question. Then I thought my question might be sales related so I forwarded the email to Richard in sales.

I saw they only have a couple of colors available on the eBay store at this time (red and black).

-Heather

Posted by podeluxe on December 7, 2005 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

wow! these guys are great. I emailed Richard and within 10 min, he responded back and said they would address some of my suggestions (mainly a click here to buy and a personalization of cases which I like). thats customer service for you.

I can’t wait to receive their case and post a review to this thread.

i am sure these guys will do great business and they deserve it. Vaja is soooo damn expensive!

Posted by ZJ on December 7, 2005 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

I may have mine on the 9th.  I just ordered one after I skimmed upon their availability at the eBay store.  I also paid for the express shipping.  I wish I had read the entire post though, because maybe I could have gotten in on the free units.  Doh!

Posted by aadadams on December 7, 2005 at 3:11 PM (PDT)

Wow, I sent mine to customer service an hour ago, Guess that wasnt the right one to send it to. Oh well :’-(

Posted by writeous on December 7, 2005 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

Oops, I sent an e-mail not realizing they got their 50.

Those that get the cases be sure to share your thoughts on them!

Posted by John Danner on December 7, 2005 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

I got a responce saying that one is on the way. I hope it’s not pink wink

Anyway…I’m using a Vaja I-volution for my pda…so it have something to compare to.

I’ll let you know all know what I think.

Posted by Mathew Pint on December 7, 2005 at 6:12 PM (PDT)

stand-up job, Richard. you’ve won my vote in the leather case race. wish you had a white Nano case on eBay right now. i’d swipe it up.

Posted by dustin on December 7, 2005 at 6:58 PM (PDT)

You guys might want to fix the link to their store…it doesn’t work.

Posted by Mathew Pint on December 7, 2005 at 8:55 PM (PDT)

These guys are great.  They have a great product and seem to care about cutomers.  I just dealt with a representative and it was a very pleasant experience. I ordered screen protectors.  Unfortunately I already have a case for my iPod.  Maybe I need two?  Highly recommended!

Posted by DyJE on December 8, 2005 at 3:38 PM (PDT)

does anybody knows if I can use this case if I already have the martin fields shield installed?

Posted by Alvaro on December 8, 2005 at 5:52 PM (PDT)

These look great.  I am anxious to hear reviews.  They appear to be a cheaper alternative to the super trendy vaja. Who would pay $90 for a case?  Case-ari seems to have figured out how to make a comparative product for less. I bet the $90 helps pay for the Ferrari payment of the execs at Vaja.

Posted by DyJE on December 8, 2005 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

The only thing I’m worried about is the removable screen protctor and wheather or not it could punch out and scratch the iPod, ALSO, the felt lining worries mebecause wouldn’t felt (my experience with felt is it’s kind of coarse) scratch the iPod when you’re taking it in and out?

Posted by John Danner on December 8, 2005 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

I think the screen protector is a clear sticky that goes on the iPod itself.  The felt looks soft.  Check out the pitures on their website.

Posted by DyJE on December 8, 2005 at 8:50 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >