Cases suggest redesigned iPod nano, updated touch
Some case manufacturers believe that a previously-rumored refresh of the iPod nano is imminent, and have prepared new cases, notes MacRumors. The cases, from Italian accessory maker Puro, look to fit an iPod roughly the size of a fourth or fifth-generation nano, though seemingly wider — a tremendous turnaround from the current nano, with extruded pill curves resembling the second-generation nano and long-gone iPod mini. Rumors have suggested that this model will have an iPod touch-like but smaller touchscreen and Home Button, as well as wireless capabilities; however, no actual parts appear to have surfaced publicly to confirm the device’s existence.
Puro’s designs for the new iPod touch repeat elements found in previously-leaked cases, including a mysterious lower left hole at the bottom of the case seen in earlier case photos. The new iPod touch’s front panel is believed to have been revealed months ago, with a 4” display as its signature feature, and the as-yet-unseen rear shell is thought to be closer to the original iPod touch’s shape. A separate 9 to 5 Mac report claims that Apple will preserve the old iPod touch—perhaps with modest tweaks, such as a new Dock Connector—alongside the new model, while radically updating the nano, and offering new iPod shuffle colors.
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015