CBS News launches iPad app
CBS News has launched an official CBS News app for the iPad. The new app delivers the latest news stories and video and photo galleries from the complete roster of CBS News broadcasts, including videos from The Early Show, 48 Hours Mystery, CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Sunday Morning, Face The Nation and Up to the Minute. The app also provides access to webcasts and blogs from CBSNews.com including @KatieCouric, Washington Unplugged, Political Hotsheet, Crimesider and Celebrity Circuit. Developed by CBS Mobile, the app delivers full-video episodes over both Wi-Fi and 3G networks and allows users to quickly select and watch video content or read full articles. Content is presented in a format appropriate for the iPad orientation, with portrait mode providing a graphical experience with thumbnail images and videos while landscape mode provides a more text-specific view to browse through headlines. Users can quickly access the day’s top headlines or browse and search through a variety of news categories with timelines of the latest articles and videos and links from each story to other related content. The app also provides access to weather information and forecasts powered by AccuWeather, stock market lookups through CBS MoneyWatch, a dedicated Shows section for viewing specific CBS News shows and social media integration to e-mail stores or share links on Twitter and Facebook. CBS News for iPad is available as a free download from the U.S. App Store.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?