CBS turned down potential Apple TV deal
Speaking during the company’s third quarter earnings call, CBS CEO Les Moonves said that the company turned down a TV offer from Apple. GigaOM reports that Moonves claimed CBS had decided against the offer, which was for an Apple TV service, because it was based on an ad split. Apple had previously been rumored to be working on such a service, although it obviously never came to fruition. According to the report, CBS’ decision on the matter was more philosophical than it was an indictment against Apple, as the company has repeatedly eschewed revenue-sharing agreements in favor of negotiating up-front licensing fees for syndication of its content online.
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- WWE Network comes to Apple TV in UK, Ireland; Australia, Japan and Scandinavia also get new channels
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?