Cellular data poll ends, post-Jobs poll begins
With nearly 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“How much cellular data do you normally use in a month on your iPhone/iPad?”—has ended. Readers could choose from options including 0-250MB, 250-500MB, 500MB-1GB, 1GB-2GB, 2GB-5GB, and 5GB+, with a separate option for readers who don’t own an iPhone or iPad.
Votes were spread quite evenly among the options, with 0-250MB being the most selected option with 19 percent of the vote. 18 percent said they used 500MB-1GB of data per month, followed by 17 percent who average 250-500MB, and 16 percent who said they normally use 1GB-2GB. 12 percent said they average between 2GB and 5 GB, while just six percent said they normally use more than 5GB per month. 13 percent said they didn’t have an iPhone or iPad. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple as a company following Steve Jobs’ resignation. Do you think the company will stay on its current track, keep making great products but slip a little on its internal schedule, fall prey to bad ideas, leading to sub-par products, or experience issues with both products and timing? Or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll—“How do you think Apple will do now that Steve Jobs has resigned?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps