Cellular data poll ends, post-Jobs poll begins
With nearly 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“How much cellular data do you normally use in a month on your iPhone/iPad?”—has ended. Readers could choose from options including 0-250MB, 250-500MB, 500MB-1GB, 1GB-2GB, 2GB-5GB, and 5GB+, with a separate option for readers who don’t own an iPhone or iPad.
Votes were spread quite evenly among the options, with 0-250MB being the most selected option with 19 percent of the vote. 18 percent said they used 500MB-1GB of data per month, followed by 17 percent who average 250-500MB, and 16 percent who said they normally use 1GB-2GB. 12 percent said they average between 2GB and 5 GB, while just six percent said they normally use more than 5GB per month. 13 percent said they didn’t have an iPhone or iPad. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple as a company following Steve Jobs’ resignation. Do you think the company will stay on its current track, keep making great products but slip a little on its internal schedule, fall prey to bad ideas, leading to sub-par products, or experience issues with both products and timing? Or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll—“How do you think Apple will do now that Steve Jobs has resigned?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)