Cellular data poll ends, post-Jobs poll begins
With nearly 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“How much cellular data do you normally use in a month on your iPhone/iPad?”—has ended. Readers could choose from options including 0-250MB, 250-500MB, 500MB-1GB, 1GB-2GB, 2GB-5GB, and 5GB+, with a separate option for readers who don’t own an iPhone or iPad.
Votes were spread quite evenly among the options, with 0-250MB being the most selected option with 19 percent of the vote. 18 percent said they used 500MB-1GB of data per month, followed by 17 percent who average 250-500MB, and 16 percent who said they normally use 1GB-2GB. 12 percent said they average between 2GB and 5 GB, while just six percent said they normally use more than 5GB per month. 13 percent said they didn’t have an iPhone or iPad. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple as a company following Steve Jobs’ resignation. Do you think the company will stay on its current track, keep making great products but slip a little on its internal schedule, fall prey to bad ideas, leading to sub-par products, or experience issues with both products and timing? Or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll—“How do you think Apple will do now that Steve Jobs has resigned?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!