CES launch round-up: Monster, Scosche, Speakal, and more
A number of companies have launched new products at the 2011 International CES. While we’ve covered the cream of the crop in our 2011 Best of Show and subsequent articles, here’s a brief overview of some other major product introductions from the show.
Monster: Monster introduced a number of new automotive accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad at the show, including the iMotion CarPlay Direct Connect. The iMotion CarPlay Direct Connect functions as a traditional car charger and audio-out accessory but adds the ability to control basic music playback functions with gesture controls. It features a charger bulb-mounted sensor to track movement, and also features a black and silver body, red, black, and chrome cords similar to those found on the company’s Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and a built-in hinge for adjusting the direction of the sensor. Monster’s iMotion CarPlay Direct Connect will sell for $120; other new items include the iCable USB to Dock Connector Cable ($25), the iCarPlay Direct Connect AI 900 ($60), the iCarPlay Direct Connect AI 2000 ($70), the PowerPlug Dual USB 700 Car Charger ($40), the PowerPlug USB 600 Car Charger ($30), the iCar Dual USB 700 Car Charger ($45), the iCar USB 600 Car Charger ($40), and the AirTalk Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit ($80).
Scosche: Along with the 2011 Best of Show Finalist MyTrek fitness accessory, Scosche also announced a variety of new accessories, including its new line of Realm high-performance over-ear headphones and in-ear monitors, the freedomMIC Bluetooth lavaliere microphone, new power accessories like the goBAT II dual USB tablet charger, three new flipCHARGE models, the switchBACK Surge battery case for iPhone 4, and five new variations of the flipSYNC keychain USB charge and sync cable.
Speakal: In addition to its new docking speaker systems for iPod and iPhone, Speakal also introduced BBC-branded Doctor Who and Top Gear speaker systems and new sports-themed docking speaker systems, as well as a touchscreen office phone system running Windows 7 and a new Bluetooth iPhone dock.
Avance Electronics: Avance launched its new PowerBoost Ultra-Slim Battery Case for the iPhone 4, packing a 1650mAh battery, a pass-through Dock Connector, and a slider style design, along with two external battery packs, a slim line automotive charger, and a retractable USB-to-30-pin charge and sync cable.
Denon: Denon released a $50 software upgrade for its AVR-991, AVR3311ci, N7, AVRA100, and AVR4311ci home theater systems that enable them to act as AirPlay speakers.
4i Concepts: This New York-based company announced the second generation 4iThumbs overlay typing screen for iPhone and iPod touch ($13), the 4iStrap multi-function elastic band for iPad ($20), the 4iTorq luxury wristband for the sixth-generation iPod touch ($50-$250),
Innopocket: Innopocket launched its new Amphibian waterproof play-through case for the iPhone 4, featuring a two-in-one modular design that combines a waterproof case with an inner polycarbonate hard shell that can be used as an everyday case, and a cut-out in the rear for taking underwater pictures and video. It is priced at $30.
IK Multimedia: IK Multimedia launched the iRig Mic, which the company claims is the “first handheld quality condenser microphone for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.” It connects via the headphone port, and offers a dual mini-jack connector for real-time monitoring, a three-level gain switch, and compatibility with VocaLive free, IK’s new real time effects processor app suite. Pricing and availability information has yet to be announced.
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Twelve South intros SurfacePad for iPad mini
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac