Change the color of your iPod | iLounge News

Change the color of your iPod

Good news for all you people that want something new for your iPod. Now you can change the color by going to Colorwarepc.com. They offer many different colors. Especially since it’s almost Christmas now you can give that special someone something they’ll always remember. They can do it with the new 10, 20, and 40GB iPods. I think they can do the docks as well. Im not sure, but you can find out yourself.

« MacInTouch Reader Choice Poll Votes iPod/iTunes Best Product

How tall are you in iPods? »

Comments

Interesting in concept, but I don’t know if it’s worth the $65 tacked on..maybe $20.  I think I’ll stick with my “frogger” iSkin.

Posted by Ryan on December 17, 2003 at 8:43 PM (PDT)

the price is WAY beyond acceptable, especially for what you get.

Posted by doug on December 17, 2003 at 8:57 PM (PDT)

I felt like I was taking crazy pills when I saw that price!

Posted by RollerMog on December 17, 2003 at 9:40 PM (PDT)

GOOD custom painting is a labor-intensive, expensive process.  This is a bargain when you look at the amount of work involved.

Posted by stark23x on December 17, 2003 at 10:17 PM (PDT)

Are these units still covered under the Apple warranty?
They have been altered….......might be a tough sell to get warranty work!

Posted by brian fenner on December 18, 2003 at 4:51 AM (PDT)

Actually the ipod will still be covered under the apple care warranty, since they do not open up the ipod to paint it.  Review at TechTV: http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/products/story/0,24330,3581369,00.html

Posted by idvah on December 18, 2003 at 5:52 AM (PDT)

565 bucks for a 40 gig?  They must have a good sense of humor.

Posted by jl on December 18, 2003 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

Its not the price its the mailing it out first off

and then them not claiming to have ANY responsibility over the contents of it.

Posted by Regalbegal on December 18, 2003 at 8:58 AM (PDT)

Are the regular ipods going to get color?

Posted by Michelle on June 14, 2004 at 7:34 PM (PDT)

The price is not bad AT ALL, considering they use high quality paint, they do NOT void the warrenty becuase they have enough skill to paint the iPod without taking it apart, AND they spray a clear coat that acts as an AWESOME screen protector. I am getting it done and I cannot wait!

Posted by Derek K in Ashland, WI on August 16, 2004 at 10:13 PM (PDT)

********PLEASE READ BEFORE PAINTING IPOD********
To All:

A few days ago, my iPod failed. I took it to the local Apple Store and the associate there told me that he could not replace my iPod because if he did, the store would be charnged $250. I then called Apple in Cupertino and they told me that “You might as well have thrown it against a brick wall because, from what I’m seeing here, painting your iPod is considered user damage.” He also told me that since colorware does not have a receipt that says that their services do not void the Apple warranty, they do. So to all who are wondering, sending your iPod to ColorWare to have it painted VOIDS YOUR APPLE WARRANTY.

IF YOU WANT A WARRANTY, PURCHASE A PAINTED IPOD DIRECTLY FROM COLORWARE. Even though ColorWare does not offer a warranty on products that you purchase, then send to them for Painting, they DO offer a warranty to supplant the Apple warranty if you initially purchase your iPod directly from them, already painted.

Posted by CrRider075 on April 19, 2005 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

bla bla bla painting bad painting good good bla bla

just go down to where ever u buy car spraypaint
open up ur ipod carefully and paint it
it aint hard just dont bugger up

Posted by James stubbs on August 5, 2005 at 5:33 AM (PDT)

My wife just got a new iPod, so her old one became mine. Problem was it was a Pink mini. Now i dont have any issues with using pink stuff, im not like that, but i just wanted to make it my own. So I took it apart, took the plastic screen out, cleaned it up, sanded it down and spray painted it with Rust-Oleum black gloss enamel. And it turned out PERFECT! It’s all in the prep. As long as you know what your doing everthing should come out just fine. And as long as you/i have it apart you/i should also change the battery, also make sure your warranty is up.

Posted by Jerry on November 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM (PDT)