Chili Peppers fans angry over iTunes ticket problem | iLounge News

Chili Peppers fans angry over iTunes ticket problem

Numerous Red Hot Chili Peppers fans are angry with Apple after not receiving their promised Ticketmaster pre-sale codes to purchase advance tickets for the band’s upcoming tour. As part of a promotion that launched early last month, iTunes users who pre-ordered the Chili Peppers new album “Stadium Arcadium” were told that they would receive a code via email on Monday, May 8, that would allow them to join in the pre-sale of tickets. However, the majority of those who pre-ordered the album have yet to receive their code, and ticket pre-sales began earlier today without the iTunes users being able to take part. A large number of complaints by Chili Peppers fans can be found in a discussion on Apple’s support forums.

« French Senate vote could offer loophole for iTunes

BluNa Bluetooth adapter for iPod nano introduced »

Comments

What a mess…this could get ugly!

Posted by jcshas on May 9, 2006 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

people still listen to red hot chili peppers?

Posted by jager on May 9, 2006 at 12:51 PM (PDT)

Wow jager are you out of touch….....

Posted by redstar5 on May 9, 2006 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

I agree with jager… I think someone else is out of touch…

Posted by brent on May 9, 2006 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

Get past the specific band, it’s about the screwed up promo and not getting what you pay for from a company you trust. Insert the name of a band you like instead of RHCP in the story and then say something

Posted by peter Joseph on May 9, 2006 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

I, like many people bought the album from itunes specifically for the presale. I would much rather have a hard, physical copy. Some people recieved their codes before. But the codes were promised May 8, and they were not delivered to most people. The presale started May 9 at 10am and many people had not yet recieved the codes as promised. Many people were not given a fair/equal chance for tickets. It was bs how apple didn’t give the codes late. They said that they sent them and that they may be in my junk or trash etc, but that is not the case they were not sent at all. Apple ###### up.

Posted by Remis on May 9, 2006 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

they should get free tickets, or discounted tickets, more likely

Posted by Bradley on May 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

I got mine at 1:48 today. AFTER the pre-sale

Posted by danny. on May 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

ok ok..i was mean…but i agree with Peter, regardless of the band, they should not screw up the promo especially with presale tickets, i go to alot of concerts and i know how some shows go sold out pretty quick or only “far-far-away” seats available

Posted by Jager on May 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

Well I managed to get my presale code 4 hours after the presale started by calling Apple.  I then cancelled my preorder after ordering my tickets through ticketmaster and went and bought the CD in store for cheaper.

Posted by Adam on May 9, 2006 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

This is not new. The same thing happened to me during the Depeche Mode pre-sale. I was supposed to receive a pre-sale code after ordering the new DM album but didn’t. After numerous emails to Ticketmaster and Apple I got nowhere. If Ticketmaster is to do with anything it will suck. Apple should avoid partnering with Ticketmaster at all.

Posted by The Silkience on May 9, 2006 at 2:20 PM (PDT)

Jager digs Britney Spears!

Posted by icantpod on May 9, 2006 at 2:21 PM (PDT)

I pre-ordered for the goodies, including one hour of audio commentary by the band and 20 min video of making “Dani California”.  Got my code late but managed to get killer seats at the San Diego show.

Posted by BananaPod on May 9, 2006 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

OOOH A PEICE OF CANDY

Posted by A nigger on May 9, 2006 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

God that fiasco was annoying.  After I complained via e-mail and then by phone, the lady on the phone gave me a code, my original e-mail with the code came, and then another e-mail with a code in response to my complaint came and each code was different.  But all that was well after the presale had begun and I ended up with awful seats anyway.  Apple and/or Ticketmaster needs to be more organized

Posted by Jesse on May 9, 2006 at 9:21 PM (PDT)

i got my code about 2 hours before the 10am pre-sale launch.

i was able to order two sets of tickets (4 tickets total) with the code.  i was rather suprised i was able to do this.  shrug.

Posted by schiano on May 9, 2006 at 11:46 PM (PDT)

Ticketmaster are crooks, whether they did anything wrong this specific time or not.

Maybe people should check their spam filters??

Posted by Alan on May 10, 2006 at 2:45 AM (PDT)

What a crock!  My brother order the album just so we could get the pre-sale and thought maybe he’d done something wrong.  That is messed up.

Posted by iggystar on May 10, 2006 at 5:33 AM (PDT)

What is this, 1992? The Chili Peppers haven’t put out any good Music Since “Blood Sugar Sex Magic”. Everyone knows that the double CD is the death knoll of any band.

Posted by Squeecher on May 10, 2006 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

i dunno. i didn’t think the white album or songs in the key of life were too bad

Posted by jdkim on May 10, 2006 at 8:06 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >