Chinese PC maker to preinstall iTunes | iLounge News

Chinese PC maker to preinstall iTunes

“Apple Computer has announced that Founder, a major supplier of personal computers to the Chinese market, will preinstall the Windows version of Apple’s iTunes digital music software on all of its PCs beginning in June.

With iTunes installed, users of Founder PCs will be able to copy music from their own audio CDs, create playlists, share music on LANs using Rendezvous, and listen to music on the iPod, Apple’s popular digital music player.”

« How to play your iTunes music on other devices

Win an iPod mini! »

Comments

Too bad there’s yet to be iTunes Music Store China.

Posted by Steve on May 18, 2004 at 8:44 PM (PDT)

Why didn’t the Chinese just rip it off like they usually do?

Posted by MeshKent on May 19, 2004 at 5:00 AM (PDT)

Hey, now that was racist >_>

Posted by kirara on May 19, 2004 at 9:35 AM (PDT)

iTunes sucks lol.

what a waste of time.. load Winamp, EAC and 3.90.3 Lame.

Posted by Stasyna on May 19, 2004 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

I agree that iTunes may have some interface problems, such as the inability to have other skins besides the default, an uncustomizable interface or visulizations, however, I really do like the sharing feature and the way it manages libraries.

I use Winamp over iTunes on my Windows box, but I find that I can live with just iTunes when using a Mac.

Posted by Sraphim on May 19, 2004 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

“iTunes may have some interface problems, such as the inability to have other skins besides the default”

It’s also slow as a dog, (memory) hungry like a wolf, and only manages audio files, and a limited range of audio file types at that!

Having said that, it does work transparently with the Archos so all is not lost!

Posted by Slow as a Dog! on May 19, 2004 at 2:24 PM (PDT)

Skins in iTunes?  I don’t care how iTunes looks, just as long as it works.  I’m not in it enough to care.  Of course I don’t go in for funky desktop patterns either.

As far as the 128kbps AAC, it is good enough.  I was a Radio-Television major and had to listen to symphonies and pick out specific instruments and where in the stereo field they were coming from.  I therefore have to turn off my critical ear and just enjoy the music.

I do wonder and hope that Apple/RIAA allows us to redownload our purchased music when they do go to 256kbps AAC or whatever.  But, I’m a dreamer.

Posted by jfk99 on June 9, 2004 at 4:33 AM (PDT)

just so you guys no, you can get skins on itunes.  I use them all the time.

Posted by person on July 15, 2004 at 4:00 PM (PDT)