Chrysler announces iPod integration for 2006 models | iLounge News

Chrysler announces iPod integration for 2006 models

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Sunday, January 8, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

The Chrysler Group today announced that it plans to offer full iPod integration as an option in most of its 2006 models, with over three million Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge cars offering iPod connectivity this year. The American automaker said it will sell an optional iPod Integration Kit for $175 plus installation from authorized dealerships beginning this spring. The kit will allow drivers to listen to their iPod through the car’s audio system, select music by artist, album or playlist with radio or steering wheel controls and view selections on the radio’s display.

« Pixelgirl Shop adds new handmade iPod nano cases

CNET names Creative Zen Vision: M ‘Best in Show,’ ‘iPod Killer’ »

Comments

This is good, I planned on buying a jeep this next year.

Posted by robototobor on January 8, 2006 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

That makes this Chrysler fanboy very happy!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on January 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

2 Questions…

Will it work with my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT?

WHEN CAN I GET MY HANDS ON IT???

Posted by IDSmoker on January 9, 2006 at 8:24 AM (PDT)

What worries me is that you spend $175 for this option but a year later Apple changes the configuration of the iPod yet again rendering the connection kit useless in your car.

I too am a fanboy of Dodge and will take full advantage of this option right away!

Posted by SP1083 on January 9, 2006 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

what worries me is that one day something better than the ipod might come around.. i would hate to think that all of these integration kits would one day be so much less useful when some of these other hardware companies get their act together.

Posted by sif on January 9, 2006 at 10:18 AM (PDT)

When the lease is up on my Chevy, I’ll be getting a Jeep.  Since Chevy only makes one product (the HHR, which I’m not a fan of) with an iPod connection, it makes my next car choice very easy!

Posted by Jeep Fan on January 9, 2006 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

Nice bonus when I order up the Challenger. Now if we can only get Porsche to get with the program.

Posted by flatline response on January 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM (PDT)

I just picked up a new jeep and I’m dieing for this interface to be available.  Spring is right around the corner, so I’m keeping my eyes peeled for when the dealers will have this.

Posted by Chris on March 1, 2006 at 9:00 AM (PDT)

A year later, my 06 Jeep Commander still doesn’t have this capability.  Top of the line Jeep, and I can’t get iPod integration… Nice!!!

Posted by Chris on January 11, 2007 at 11:18 AM (PDT)