CineTap for Netflix adds movie trailers, guest mode
Imaginary Spinor has released an update to CineTap, its alternative Netflix browsing app for the iPad. CineTap provides Netflix users with an enhanced, iPad-optimized user interface for searching and browsing content on the Netflix service. CineTap provides information in a more hierarchical structure to enable users to find titles more quickly and easily while simplifying access to a larger portion of the Netflix Instant Watch catalog. Users can also browse and search titles via actor, director or genre with biographical information displayed where available. CineTap also provides enhanced detail screens for movie and TV show titles, providing information such as title, parental rating, synopsis, cast and director, with links to related content as well as quick access to playback and queue management controls. Version 1.2 adds the ability to play movie trailers via YouTube directly from a movie’s details screen and non-Netflix subscribers can now use the app to search and browse the Netflix catalog without requiring an account. The official Netflix app must still be installed to actually watch Netflix content, however CineTap will seamlessly launch the Netflix app as required to play back selected content and transition back to CineTap when playback concludes. CineTap is available from the U.S. App Store for $2.
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Asphalt 8: Airborne 1.8, Calcbot 2.0, Gmail 4.0, Real Steel Champions, SimCity BuildIt Tokyo Town
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?