Clerks II director commentary track to be offered on iTMS | iLounge News

Clerks II director commentary track to be offered on iTMS

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, June 26, 2006
News Categories: iTunes

Director Kevin Smith has recorded a commentary track for the upcoming Clerks II movie, which he says will be available as a free download from the iTunes Music Store. Smith said the commentary download will allow fans of the movie to take their iPods to the theater and hear the directors thoughts in sync with the scenes in the movie. Clerks II is the sequel to Smith’s 1994 movie Clerks, a low-budget, black and white cult comedy with characters such as Dante, Randal, and Jay and Silent Bob. It received an eight-minute standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival, and will hit theaters on July 21st.

« Mix: Walkman, Wimbledon, Secrecy, WWDC

Target scores exclusive JBL On Time edition »

Comments

It’s gonna be the best movie of the summer.

Posted by Raw Toast on June 26, 2006 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

I’m actually looking forward to the Trailer Park Boys movie more than Clerks 2.  Smokes, let’s go.

Posted by Chahk on June 26, 2006 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

What a great idea! I love these innovative uses for iPods! Even though I probably wouldn’t utilize it for this film, there are people who will want to come back and view the movie for a second time to listen with the commentary. Or it will be a great enhancement to the DVD.
There are sooooo many uses for podcasts like this that haven’t even been thought of yet. I can’t wait to see what tommorow will bring!

Posted by Brodie on June 26, 2006 at 5:28 PM (PDT)

I think this is a wonderful idea. I would take my iPod to see the movie so long as I knew the movie was good. Of course something like this would be good for the second viewing.

But I could definitely see this working out.

Kevin Smith has a good idea on his hands. I hope he keeps the commentary track on the DVD as an extra as well.

Posted by Mike on June 26, 2006 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

Kevin Smith must be reading my blog.  I posted this idea 6 months ago.  Glad to see somebody is getting around to doing it.  I think it has potential to drive ticket sales.  You go to see the movie once, and then go again to listen to the commentary.

Posted by Marion Jensen on June 28, 2006 at 12:45 PM (PDT)

Having seen the movie this past Monday, I can tell you 2 things:

1) It’s PHENOMENAL!  Best dialogue of any of the View Askew films - can’t wait to see it again!

2) This is a great idea, and now that I’ve seen it once, I can see it again, concentrating on the commentary - Can’t wait for July 21!

Posted by Josh Gordon on June 29, 2006 at 11:37 AM (PDT)